• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is veganism a religion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Casamitjana says he has been discriminated against many times because of his vegan beliefs.

He said: "It is important for all the vegans to know that if they want to talk about veganism, they are protected and no-one will say 'Shut up'.
    Oh dear... Will this be extended to Jehovah's witnesses or other people who need to get on their soap box and try and force their world view on others?

[tinfoilhat]This looks like more attacks on free speech[/tinfoilhat]

The real story here is:

In a statement, the League Against Cruel Sports said: "Mr Casamitjana was dismissed from his position because of gross misconduct.

"To link his dismissal with issues pertaining to veganism is factually wrong.

"Mr Casamitjana is seeking to use his veganism as the reason for his dismissal. We emphatically reject this claim."
    It would be funny if it wasn't so concerning in an Orwellian kind of way...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Oh dear... Will this be extended to Jehovah's witnesses or other people who need to get on their soap box and try and force their world view on others?
      So everyone on CUK then.

Comment

The law has been previously tested by Catholic midwives being dismissed for refusing to have 'involvement' in termination procedures.

Compare the BBC's reporting of the 2 cases...

Catholic midwives lose abortion case at UK Supreme Court - BBC News

The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children get three lines in there, rebuffed by numerous quotes that abortion is a right. Opinion from the BBC that the law needed to be clarified.

Mr Ethical Vegan...

Sacked vegan claims discrimination in landmark case - BBC News

...gets a stage to promote his agenda from the first section, explanation of the law and how he falls under discrimination for his beliefs. No challenges that medical testing is necessary no matter how unpleasant it may be.

Being upset that a monkey gets anusol stuck in its eye results in a "landmark case", being asked to assist in killing unborn children is just a "case"

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Company reckon they sacked him for something completely unrelated and that hes pulling the vegan line. Although he has admitted to kicking off about the companies pension fund choices.

Can't stand idiots like him because it makes all Vegans look like idiots. I'm not Vegan but I've got vegan friends who's attitude is "up to personal choice, you do what you want and I'll do what I want". I've been out for meals with them. eaten meat, and its not bothered them one bit.

Of course, I take the piss a lot, and, to be fair, I was right - the vegan cake my friend baked did taste like tulipe.
          Human tulipe counts as vegan

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            'Gross misconduct' seems to be the reason, could have been jerking off at his desk for all we know.
            From the bbc article.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              From the bbc article.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.
              I am going to stick my neck out here and suggest there is a level of bulltulip involved in this claim.

Comment

From the bbc article.

that would be so they can create medicine to save human lives then?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

[tinfoilhat]This looks like more attacks on free speech[/tinfoilhat]

The real story here is:

It would be funny if it wasn't so concerning in an Orwellian kind of way...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    that would be so they can create medicine to save human lives then?
                    The bastards,
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

From the bbc article.

That's his claim. The company are saying it's 'gross misconduct', I don't think the above is why they got rid of him.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X