• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is veganism a religion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is veganism a religion?

Sacked vegan claims discrimination in landmark case - BBC News

A tribunal is to be asked to decide whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion, in a landmark legal action.

If veganism is allowed, will cretinism be next?

It's a mental illness. He'd be better pushing that argument.

Comment

No.

Next.

Comment

Company reckon they sacked him for something completely unrelated and that hes pulling the vegan line. Although he has admitted to kicking off about the companies pension fund choices.

Can't stand idiots like him because it makes all Vegans look like idiots. I'm not Vegan but I've got vegan friends who's attitude is "up to personal choice, you do what you want and I'll do what I want". I've been out for meals with them. eaten meat, and its not bothered them one bit.

Of course, I take the piss a lot, and, to be fair, I was right - the vegan cake my friend baked did taste like tulipe.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Animals that eat purely vegetable matter tend to be at the bottom of the food chain. Personally I prefer to adopt a position slightly higher in the food chain, avoids having to keep looking over your shoulder all the time.

one of the Vegan arguments is that we should all stop eating meat because all the meat producing animals in the world are creating too much methane ( or something along those lines). However, if we all stopped eating meat and went vegan, would we not become those methane producing beasts. Proving there is always a case for someone higher up the food chain than a vegan. Save the carrot...Eat a Vegan.

Comment

Making false accusations and claiming some sort of oppressed victim hood privilege to get your way seems to be how people try to get around 'doing the work' these days...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

As the law stands veganism has a valid claim to be entitled to a protected characteristic.

Reasonable objections were made at the time to these laws being introduced, anyone who objected was labelled a bigot. Live with it.

Comment

Comment

'Gross misconduct' seems to be the reason, could have been jerking off at his desk for all we know.

Doesn't stop the BBC going full in the usual "minority oppression" narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    'Gross misconduct' seems to be the reason, could have been jerking off at his desk for all we know.

Doesn't stop the BBC going full in the usual "minority oppression" narrative.
                    Gross misconduct? So he did it 144 times?

Comment

Working...
                    X