• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas anti-boomage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas anti-boomage

My client has just canned me a month early, due to the team completing the project ahead of schedule. I can't say I mind really, as I would only be sitting around doing nothing.
    So can I have some anti-bananas please?
    Or how about, here are some bananas - please take them off me.

..although I did hear that I am the only one ending early, ostensibly because the other guys are able to do unrelated work as they have been there longer..

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    My client has just canned me a month early, due to the team completing the project ahead of schedule. I can't say I mind really, as I would only be sitting around doing nothing.
    Or how about, here are some bananas - please take them off me.

..although I did hear that I am the only one ending early, ostensibly because the other guys are able to do unrelated work as they have been there longer..
    Gone.

Comment

Enjoy the Christmas break!

Comment

Good for IR35 purposes though?

Comment

More likely they are cheaper.

I'm feeling anti-boomed as well. Client wants me to extend into next year but can't say they will definitely have any relevant work for me but want me to stick around just in case. Can't really be arsed looking for a new contract over crimbo and January so may try to at least get a retainer out of them and spend the time on upskilling or a plan B while we see what the government tulip show delivers.

So much for being inside IR35 and MOO.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Comment

Bummer.

Must be something going around. Never nice around Christmas, even if you hated the gig it is deflating.

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
                Good for IR35 purposes though?
                Maybe.
                I send most of my money gross into my pension, so IR35 is thankfully not too much of an issue.

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Bummer.

Must be something going around. Never nice around Christmas, even if you hated the gig it is deflating.
                Doesn't really bother me. In some ways it gives me hope, in that this client doesn't waste too much money. There is talk of possibly more work in the new year, but I am not holding my breath.

Comment

hey it just means you are top of the food chain!

get yer CV out in January, stop & smell the Tulips over XMAS!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X