• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Witholding payment due to Company Account Overdue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Witholding payment due to Company Account Overdue

I am contracting and the agency I am working via has stated that they are unable to pay until my end of year has been filed. Do they legally have the right to do this?

Originally posted by Jcole View Post
    I am contracting and the agency I am working via has stated that they are unable to pay until my end of year has been filed. Do they legally have the right to do this?
    Only if there is a clause in your contract to this effect. Of course, if your return is very late, and CompsHouse has started proceedings, they may just be waiting until yourco is dissolved, in which case they won't have to pay you at all.

If you have an accountant, you probably need to have a chat with them...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcole View Post
      Send them a letter before action and start dunning.

And file your accounts.

Comment

Working...
      X