• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone created own consultancy after years of contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone created own consultancy after years of contracting?

As the title suggests, has anyone here, or do you know of anyone, who has created their own consultancy after a number of years contracting, by connecting with people and organizations?

I am looking for either success or failure stories here.

+1 keen to learn more on this topic & find mentors / other people in the same / similar boat !

Comment

After years of contracting? No, we're far too rich/zombiefied brained/lazy for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        After years of contracting? No, we're far too rich/zombiefied brained/lazy for that.
        Well...year(s)

Comment

Still working on it. This time next year, Rodders.

Comment

Yes.

Now I spend my time reviewing the work of failed contractors.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Still working on it. This time next year, Rodders.
              How long have you been prepping for?

Comment

If you have to ask, it's not for you.

HTH
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

@scooterscot do you work on your own or do you have a team ? Interested in learning about your journey if you would be willing to share / mentor me

Comment

I work alone. Every tIme I was asked, can you work as part of team my answer is no. I'm just lying to myself otherwise. My answer is the right one and I know that because I came up with it. That's how a consultant thinks. And when you think like that you can convince others with confidence. On occasion I'll sub-contract work out when I'm overworked myself. It is therefore important to maintain a strong network. In fact networking, I spend a day every week just on networking, very important. More than half my work is through networking. Currently all my work is direct, even large US companies. Get to know people, not companies, that'll ensure work comes. Oh and don't burn bridges. In fact do the opposite, build trust. Ask yourself always, would you trust this person / business? If there's even a doubt, move on.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X