Has anyone created own consultancy after years of contracting? Has anyone created own consultancy after years of contracting?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Still gathering requirements...

Skag has no reputation

Default Has anyone created own consultancy after years of contracting?

As the title suggests, has anyone here, or do you know of anyone, who has created their own consultancy after a number of years contracting, by connecting with people and organizations?

I am looking for either success or failure stories here.

Nervous Newbie

aj4u has no reputation

+1 keen to learn more on this topic & find mentors / other people in the same / similar boat !

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

After years of contracting? No, we're far too rich/zombiefied brained/lazy for that.

Skag has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    After years of contracting? No, we're far too rich/zombiefied brained/lazy for that.
    Well...year(s)

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Still working on it. This time next year, Rodders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Yes.

Now I spend my time reviewing the work of failed contractors.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Skag has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Still working on it. This time next year, Rodders.
    How long have you been prepping for?

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

If you have to ask, it's not for you.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

aj4u has no reputation

@scooterscot do you work on your own or do you have a team ? Interested in learning about your journey if you would be willing to share / mentor me

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

I work alone. Every tIme I was asked, can you work as part of team my answer is no. I'm just lying to myself otherwise. My answer is the right one and I know that because I came up with it. That's how a consultant thinks. And when you think like that you can convince others with confidence. On occasion I'll sub-contract work out when I'm overworked myself. It is therefore important to maintain a strong network. In fact networking, I spend a day every week just on networking, very important. More than half my work is through networking. Currently all my work is direct, even large US companies. Get to know people, not companies, that'll ensure work comes. Oh and don't burn bridges. In fact do the opposite, build trust. Ask yourself always, would you trust this person / business? If there's even a doubt, move on.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”