• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The IPSE AGM has just been announced.

The CC are not supportive of the Special Resolution to amend the Articles of Association without any consultation and there have been resignations because of the changes.

More will follow asap but please do reach out to your CC members here (or you can find us on the IPSE forum) if you have questions.

We would like members to support the CC in their rejection of the new Articles of Association.
    Does this affect the CUK articles of association?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      Clearly not, but if you are a Member of IPSE, I would suggest that you grant one of the CC Members your Proxy to try and prevent their Articles of Association being changed, as well as to prevent the dissolution of the Consultative Council?
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Clearly not, but if you are a Member of IPSE, I would suggest that you grant one of the CC Members your Proxy to try and prevent their Articles of Association being changed, as well as to prevent the dissolution of the Consultative Council?
        I would temper that by saying

"...if you are a Member of IPSE, I would suggest logging onto the IPSE forums and learning why we feel you should reject the changes"
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

A group wants to remove Caroline Morgan as director but the group has aroused my suspicion already by not explaining in their lengthy email why that should be the case
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              CUK has those? - well, stone me!

Comment

Can someone please explain what's going on in plain English. PM me if necessary. Ta.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  A group wants to remove Caroline Morgan as director but the group has aroused my suspicion already by not explaining in their lengthy email why that should be the case
                  The CC does not have access to the member mailing list
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

IPSE member here. Could someone give me a TLDR of what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Nut View Post
                      IPSE member here. Could someone give me a TLDR of what's going on?
                      The IPSE board wishes to change the way it is appointed, as having lost the battle against IR35 (sorry to be blunt) it's trying to maintain its existence...

In separate news Contractor Calculator are looking for people to visit their MP and explain to them why IR35 is a bad idea prior to the Finance Act being voted on... For details see Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn: "IR35 CAMPAIGN: Another percent up we go. 63%.

Two weeks ago we were at 52% and 545 activists. Since then more than 200 people have decided to carve some time out of their busy lives to try and defend their contracting careers.

We at ContractorCalculator have prepared everything you need to go and visit your MP. We have over 50 pages of documents, fact packs, which are hitting home and being well received by MPs. We just need more boots on the ground.

Were you one of the 200? If not, why not? Are you puckering up to kiss goodbye to up to 30% of your income? You have a few weeks to get yourself organised.

Book a meeting with your MP to go and see them after Xmas. Email me YOUR MP NAME on [email protected] to get a fact pack. Print it out, visit your MP, make the key points.

Then pat yourself on the back and include yourself in the team of those that are trying to make a difference."
                      Last edited by eek; 17 December 2018, 21:15.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X