• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The IPSE AGM has just been announced.

The CC are not supportive of the Special Resolution to amend the Articles of Association without any consultation and there have been resignations because of the changes.

More will follow asap but please do reach out to your CC members here (or you can find us on the IPSE forum) if you have questions.

We would like members to support the CC in their rejection of the new Articles of Association.
    I think that we could manage that...

<Pulls on A-Team t-shirt and throws on cape>

I haven't said this in many a year, but I think it's time to take a Christmas camping holiday - anyone care to join me?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

oh, dear, - has it all gone arse over IPSE ?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        oh, dear, - has it all gone arse over IPSE ?
        Well they are trying to find a way to survive beyond April 2020. After all in a Public Sector contract, if you are deemed outside IR35 as a contractor you've got nothing to worry about so when that's rolled out to the private sector.....
        Meanwhile I'm going to get the out

Equally though IPSE are targeting the Gig economy and the only Uber driver who stood for the CC didn't get elected so it's understandable that the board may feel that CC no longer functions as a sounding board of all members...
        Last edited by eek; 17 December 2018, 21:58.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Well they are trying to find a way to survive beyond April 2020. After all in a Public Sector contract, if you are deemed outside IR35 as a contractor you've got nothing to worry about so when that's rolled out to the private sector.....
          Meanwhile I'm going to get the out

Equally though IPSE are targeting the Gig economy and the only Uber driver who stood for the CC didn't get elected so it's understandable that the board may feel that CC no longer functions as a sounding board of all members...
          He was a bloody good candidate too. Absolutely gutted he didn't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            A group wants to remove Caroline Morgan as director but the group has aroused my suspicion already by not explaining in their lengthy email why that should be the case
            Hi, that's not entirely correct and I would urge members to visit the IPSE forums to discuss this in more depth.

But, in summary, the IPSE Board of Directors wish to make significant changes to the IPSE Articles of Assocciation that would render it a different organisation; one, IMHO, that is not so member focused and that will be lacking in the structural checks and balances that were created by our founders.

The majority of the IPSE Consultative Council have rejected these changes and have called for a resolution to remove the Chairman of the Board (Caroline Morgan).

The Board and the Senior Management Team have issued their side of the story in the EGM announcement, but they have not given equal access to the CC to put their case to the members.

This is why "our" side of the story is missing from the EGM announcement and no doubt the lack of transparency by the Board is the reason for your suspicions.

I hope that this helps.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              George was an excellent candidate. Like M'Lady I was disappointed that he didn't get onto the CC.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Prior to the baffling emails regarding the urgency of a vote which failed to actually explain what I would be voting for, I had received an email offering special prices on free range turkeys.

Whilst I appreciate you looking after your members by giving us the opportunity to save money on Christmas dinner, I would prefer you'd concentrate on stopping the calamitous rollout of IR35 legislation.

If it wasn't for the insurance perks, I'd have cancelled my membership years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Hi, that's not entirely correct and I would urge members to visit the IPSE forums to discuss this in more depth.

But, in summary, the IPSE Board of Directors wish to make significant changes to the IPSE Articles of Assocciation that would render it a different organisation; one, IMHO, that is not so member focused and that will be lacking in the structural checks and balances that were created by our founders.

The majority of the IPSE Consultative Council have rejected these changes and have called for a resolution to remove the Chairman of the Board (Caroline Morgan).

The Board and the Senior Management Team have issued their side of the story in the EGM announcement, but they have not given equal access to the CC to put their case to the members.

This is why "our" side of the story is missing from the EGM announcement and no doubt the lack of transparency by the Board is the reason for your suspicions.

I hope that this helps.
                  Wait for the anonymous (Board) member to attack you here using a sockie account...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
                    Prior to the baffling emails regarding the urgency of a vote which failed to actually explain what I would be voting for, I had received an email offering special prices on free range turkeys.

Whilst I appreciate you looking after your members by giving us the opportunity to save money on Christmas dinner, I would prefer you'd concentrate on stopping the calamitous rollout of IR35 legislation.

If it wasn't for the insurance perks, I'd have cancelled my membership years ago.
                    In fairness, the shopping emails come from perkbox - they are not controlled by IPSE. You can unsubscribe from them separately from the IPSE emails.

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
                      Prior to the baffling emails regarding the urgency of a vote which failed to actually explain what I would be voting for
                      Don't ask questions - just vote for IPSE!
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X