• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would anyone with IPSE forum membership want to spend time on CUK forums?

How many people are there who could be reached by this thread.

Quite amusing to see IPSE washing their dirty linen in public. Hopefully LCAG, NTRT etcetc. will do the same......

Comment

So have I got this right?

IPSE BoD wants to scrap the CC and give themselves a bigger yacht (or something). IPSE CC says, "hang on, you'll have to wait a sec, we don't like sailing, we're the voice of the people, we are going to reject your changes and just to prove it we're going to sack your leader".

So,

Voice of the Norms; Vote against changes, vote for sacking.
      Voice of the "Progressives"; Vote for changes, vote against sacking.

Is that about it?
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Wait for the anonymous (Board) member to attack you here using a sockie account...
        That may happen, but that would be quite hard to do as I believe that I am factually correct.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          That may happen, but that would be quite hard to do as I believe that I am factually correct.
          What is the weather like on your planet?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Why would anyone with IPSE forum membership want to spend time on CUK forums?

How many people are there who could be reached by this thread.

Quite amusing to see IPSE washing their dirty linen in public. Hopefully LCAG, NTRT etcetc. will do the same......
            The CC really tried to avoid doing this particular bit of laundry in public. The attitude from the board and SLT was that they didn't want to discuss, consult, collaborate. They had made up their minds it it's their way or highway.

I'm very disappointed that they phoned around a selection of the CC to tell them how damaging our approach was while saying, in the next breath, that there was no scope for discussion

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Since when did facts matter.

Personally you've played this wrong - the EGM should have been for the removal of the entire board as it would have given the board far less option to a) make / imply things are personal and b) hide the reasons behind the request.

And given that IPSE really aren't doing what's required at this moment in time (Contractor Calculator are doing it instead) it really doesn't matter. IPSE is merely a tax insurance policy with random benefits on top.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                What is the weather like on your planet?
                The atmosphere is decidedly chilly at the moment.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Personally you've played this wrong - the EGM should have been for the removal of the entire board as it would have given the board far less option to a) make / imply things are personal and b) hide the reasons behind the request.

And given that IPSE really aren't doing what's required at this moment in time (Contractor Calculator are doing it instead) it really doesn't matter. IPSE is merely a tax insurance policy with random benefits on top.
                  I disagree. Removal of the entire BoD would have been unnecessarily destructive; perhaps terminally so. The CC's response is measured and proportionate.
                  I hope that you understand.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    The CC really tried to avoid doing this particular bit of laundry in public. The attitude from the board and SLT was that they didn't want to discuss, consult, collaborate. They had made up their minds it it's their way or highway.

I'm very disappointed that they phoned around a selection of the CC to tell them how damaging our approach was while saying, in the next breath, that there was no scope for discussion
                    Indeed - it is often difficult to get a large bureaucratic organisation with its own self preservation as its highest ideal to discuss things logically and to implement change.......

Comment

Board vs Chair was the subject of much debate. The CC had no desire to completely destabilise the organisation at this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X