• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can attend the AGM at Grange City Hotel, 8-14 Coopers Row, London EC3N 2BQ on Saturday 26 January 2019 at 10.00am to cast your vote, this would be much appreciated.

If you cannot attend, then please consider appointing a Proxy to vote on your behalf?

Your proxy appointment needs to be submitted via the internet at
    IPSE - Notice of Annual General Meeting | IPSE must be received not later than 10.00am on Thursday 24 January 2019 or, in the case that the meeting is adjourned, not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the adjourned
    meeting (excluding non-working days).
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

To instruct the chair to vote as you instruct for the AGM including, if you so wish, to vote against Special resolution 4 (changes to AoA) Linky

To instruct the chair to vote as per your wishes at the EGM
      Linky

Comment

I'm planning on using the Chair for proxy voting and ...

Vote Against the AGM special resolution. IPSE is a membership organisation, primarily funded by the members. I don't see an issue with those members still having oversight via the CC.

Vote Against the EGM resolution. I haven't been interested enough to research and vote someone out of a job.

Think I got the voting options the right way round

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          Vote Against the EGM resolution. I haven't been interested enough to research and vote someone out of a job...
          It isn't a "job" per se. The Directors receive a stipend and they are not employees of IPSE (other than the CEO, who is a Director, ex-officio).
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            It isn't a "job" per se. The Directors receive a stipend and they are not employees of IPSE (other than the CEO, who is a Director, ex-officio).
            Agreed, the directors (incl the Chair) all have 'day jobs' as freelancers and IPSE is an additional income stream for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Agreed, the directors (incl the Chair) all have 'day jobs' as freelancers and IPSE is an additional income stream for them.
              Which, as you full well know, is to cover lost income from their day job for the time necessary to be directors.

So it is not an additional income, in some cases it is not even a replacement one.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Proves how little I know then

Comment

Just received Chris Bryce's email, requesting I support the board's proposals.

Sorry Chris, I submitted my proxy votes an hour before your email arrived. Not sure you'll be too keen on the way I voted on the AGM proposal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                    Just received Chris Bryce's email, requesting I support the board's proposals.
                    I did too. There have been no direct communications from IPSE where a balanced view has been put forward.

I sincerely hope that all IPSE Members who are reading this thread can understand where the proposed Special Resolution will take IPSE if it is passed on Saturday?

We need 25% of Members, present, or by Proxy, to vote against the adoption of the Special Resolution.

Comment

I did too. There have been no direct communications from IPSE where a balanced view has been put forward.

I sincerely hope that all IPSE Members who are reading this thread can understand where the proposed Special Resolution will take IPSE if it is passed on Saturday?

We need 25% of Members, present, or by Proxy, to vote against the adoption of the Special Resolution.
                      It's a lot more balanced than the propaganda from the CC who are claiming they are losing a role they don't actually fulfil at present.

The rationale for the Members Forum bears close inspection as well - it is hardly a diminution of the democratic process, quite the opposite in fact. And nobody's saying existing CC can't apply for membership of course.

The main argument against is that there is a potential for any future BoD to be a lot more selective about who gets on the list as a candidate for an elected director (they will always have to outnumber any appointed ones to ensure member representation under current - and proposed - rules). Given that IPSE is a substantial organisation, such selectivity is not necessarily a bad thing, but equally the membership need assurance that IPSE will continue to do what IPSE does and not transform into a Bentley dealership or some such non-lobbying activity, or ditch the idea of member representation entirely. Personally I don't see either as a sensible risk, but other opinions are available.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X