• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May to face leadership challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    The Tories may be having trouble getting a Brexit deal through but SNP can't even pass a budget unless the Greens bail them out, and in a growing economy they are running massive deficits. Scotland cuts its deficit, but is still outspending the UK | Business | The Guardian

If they think an independent Scotland would ever be allowed into the EU with those kinds of deficits they are as barmy as Theresa May.

To support their spending they'd have to increase tax rates, already higher than the rest of the UK, by more than 10%, which would just drive anyone who has money and a choice south of the border, and end up probably costing revenue.

Their economic competency is perhaps only just higher than Corbyn and McDonnell.
    Thick as tulip post of the week. Congrats. That takes some doing on this forum.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Thick as tulip post of the week
      Maybe you'd care to explain what the errors are?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Maybe you'd care to explain what the errors are?
        1. The Scottish Parliament is elected on a proportional system designed never to allow one party a majority. There has been one anomaly, in the previous parliament, where the SNP won one. Any party ever wishing to vote anything through, needs the cooperation of members from other parties.

2. The Scottish government does not run a deficit. It's not permitted to,

Comment

1. The Scottish Parliament is elected on a proportional system designed never to allow one party a majority. There has been one anomaly, in the previous parliament, where the SNP won one. Any party ever wishing to vote anything through, needs the cooperation of members from other parties.

Most people take this 'argument' as a validation that Scotland makes as much as it spends. It's a commonly used information presentation by the SNP.

It's clearly bulltulip though and you know it.

Comment

If that is an attempt to deny that the Greens will force changes on the budget, well it is mince.

They will get tax changes before it is approved. And they will hit the middle classes. Popole are very aware now of the extra costs.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              If that is an attempt to deny that the Greens will force changes on the budget, well it is mince.

They will get tax changes before it is approved. And they will hit the middle classes. Popole are very aware now of the extra costs.

FFS. Are you clinically retarded ? Did I 'deny' anything ? I stated a fact. I know you don't like facts, because you're thick/drunk/watching reruns of xfactor. A proportional parliament 'normally' requires cooperation between parties to get anything voted through. See ? No denial, no SNP propaganda. Just a fact.

<mod snip>
              Last edited by cojak; 12 December 2018, 21:13. Reason: Consider yourself lucky...

Comment

FFS. Are you clinically retarded ? Did I 'deny' anything ? I stated a fact. I know you don't like facts, because you're thick/drunk/watching reruns of xfactor. A proportional parliament 'normally' requires cooperation between parties to get anything voted through. See ? No denial, no SNP propaganda. Just a fact.

<Mod snip>.
                Disappointing.

Comment

Special Olympics: Why Pledge

Comment

200-117, hardly a stunning victory.

Comment

Hmmm, ehhhh.

Comment

Working...
                      X