Theresa May to face leadership challenge Theresa May to face leadership challenge - Page 3

View Poll Results: Will Theresa May survive vote of no confidence?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Strong and stable

    10 40.00%
  • No - Weak and wobbly

    10 40.00%
  • Andy W for PM

    5 20.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WordIsBond View Post
    The Tories may be having trouble getting a Brexit deal through but SNP can't even pass a budget unless the Greens bail them out, and in a growing economy they are running massive deficits. Scotland cuts its deficit, but is still outspending the UK | Business | The Guardian

    If they think an independent Scotland would ever be allowed into the EU with those kinds of deficits they are as barmy as Theresa May.

    To support their spending they'd have to increase tax rates, already higher than the rest of the UK, by more than 10%, which would just drive anyone who has money and a choice south of the border, and end up probably costing revenue.

    Their economic competency is perhaps only just higher than Corbyn and McDonnell.
    Thick as tulip post of the week. Congrats. That takes some doing on this forum.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  2. #22

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth - scorchio!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Thick as tulip post of the week
    Maybe you'd care to explain what the errors are?
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  3. #23

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Maybe you'd care to explain what the errors are?
    1. The Scottish Parliament is elected on a proportional system designed never to allow one party a majority. There has been one anomaly, in the previous parliament, where the SNP won one. Any party ever wishing to vote anything through, needs the cooperation of members from other parties.

    2. The Scottish government does not run a deficit. It's not permitted to,
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  4. #24

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    1. The Scottish Parliament is elected on a proportional system designed never to allow one party a majority. There has been one anomaly, in the previous parliament, where the SNP won one. Any party ever wishing to vote anything through, needs the cooperation of members from other parties.

    2. The Scottish government does not run a deficit. It's not permitted to,

    Most people take this 'argument' as a validation that Scotland makes as much as it spends. It's a commonly used information presentation by the SNP.

    It's clearly bulltulip though and you know it.

  5. #25

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    1. The Scottish Parliament is elected on a proportional system designed never to allow one party a majority. There has been one anomaly, in the previous parliament, where the SNP won one. Any party ever wishing to vote anything through, needs the cooperation of members from other parties.

    2. The Scottish government does not run a deficit. It's not permitted to,
    If that is an attempt to deny that the Greens will force changes on the budget, well it is mince.

    They will get tax changes before it is approved. And they will hit the middle classes. Popole are very aware now of the extra costs.

  6. #26

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    If that is an attempt to deny that the Greens will force changes on the budget, well it is mince.

    They will get tax changes before it is approved. And they will hit the middle classes. Popole are very aware now of the extra costs.

    FFS. Are you clinically retarded ? Did I 'deny' anything ? I stated a fact. I know you don't like facts, because you're thick/drunk/watching reruns of xfactor. A proportional parliament 'normally' requires cooperation between parties to get anything voted through. See ? No denial, no SNP propaganda. Just a fact.

    <mod snip>
    Last edited by cojak; 12th December 2018 at 21:13. Reason: Consider yourself lucky...
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  7. #27

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    FFS. Are you clinically retarded ? Did I 'deny' anything ? I stated a fact. I know you don't like facts, because you're thick/drunk/watching reruns of xfactor. A proportional parliament 'normally' requires cooperation between parties to get anything voted through. See ? No denial, no SNP propaganda. Just a fact.

    <Mod snip>.
    Disappointing.

  8. #28

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,104

  9. #29

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    200-117, hardly a stunning victory.

  10. #30

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,104

    Default

    Hmmm, ehhhh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •