• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best client : Barclays? WTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it depends which Barclays - Barclays Capital, retail, wealth, as a whole, etc.

If a client is paying well and renewing, of course they're your favourite.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

3rd time in Barclays, all depends on the team and who you are working with. Great team this time round but only first time was the work any good.... Endless bureaucracy and inefficiencies bit like the NHS except with a bottomless pit of money. Bad team + Working in Barclays is nothing short of a prison sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        3rd time in Barclays, all depends on the team and who you are working with. Great team this time round but only first time was the work any good.... Endless bureaucracy and inefficiencies bit like the NHS except with a bottomless pit of money. Bad team + Working in Barclays is nothing short of a prison sentence.
        And you've avoided all mandatory rate cuts and being walked off site in that time. That's some good going.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          And you've avoided all mandatory rate cuts and being walked off site in that time. That's some good going.
          I got hit with the rate cut first time I was there which then meant I was able to negotiate notice period and leave quickly. So far so good this time but contract ends soon and already have had several offers come in so no threat from any rate cuts as I'll just walk.

Comment

I got hit with the rate cut first time I was there which then meant I was able to negotiate notice period and leave quickly. So far so good this time but contract ends soon and already have had several offers come in so no threat from any rate cuts as I'll just walk.
            So to summarise then, Barclays is a crap client. Some people were lucky and it was OK but as a client they generally suck, hence my disbelief it won.

I guess it's won the best client award but is also quite likely to have won the worst client award as well

Comment

Comment

I stopped reading that years ago when they made NLUK forum personality of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  I stopped reading that years ago when they made NLUK forum personality of the year
                  Read it and weap baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    WHS

Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Patrick Duffy walking out of a shower and a Brexit deal where we get all we want was far more believable.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Let's see... if I was at the best client, would I tell potential competitors of mine who that client was, give that my competitors would be happy on a lower rate than I'm on?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X