Christmas Party Christmas Party - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Christmas Party

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy Accountancy View Post
    It is not the case that you can simply take £150 cash out of the company - it is a tax free exemption rather than an allowance therefore you will need evidence of the expenditure in the form of a receipt, and if the cost exceeds £150 per head (including VAT) then the full amount will be a taxable benefit.

You can take a guest that has nothing to do with the company, therefore you can take your partner and he/she will increase the exemption by another £150 - a total of £300 (inc. VAT) on the event.
    Being helpful in General is a bannable offence.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

My advice is take a guest and avoid expensive restaurants. Find a good gastro pub, then you can order two decent bottles of red and 3 courses and still be within budget.

Oh that will also include Irish coffees at the end of the night and a decent tip.

Speaking from experience don’t get too drunk that you can’t remember your company card PIN number.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

On another similar but slightly different note a number of our digital teams went out last night - mixed in were some contractors.

Now someone has posted the receipt on slack saying here it is if you want to claim back the cost of the meal (it was £30)

Is this acceptable to claim as just an evening meal allowance? if so is there a limit.

(I know I could look at HMRC's site but you guys are the font of all knowledge)

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    On another similar but slightly different note a number of our digital teams went out last night - mixed in were some contractors.

Now someone has posted the receipt on slack saying here it is if you want to claim back the cost of the meal (it was £30)

Is this acceptable to claim as just an evening meal allowance? if so is there a limit.

(I know I could look at HMRC's site but you guys are the font of all knowledge)
    Everything like that I just use the company credit card and put it down as "Entertainment" as it's not subsistence. If it wasn't for work and building business relationships I wouldn't be there. My accountant sorts it all out - it goes on my P11D I believe.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...