• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone available for a good gig at Shell via Eaglecliff?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit to all those who kept posting in there. I would have given up after the first 3 pages of crap being said.

Comment

Is it a FTC?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
        Credit to all those who kept posting in there. I would have given up after the first 3 pages of crap being said.
        We live to serve.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          So if I employ a builder but say to him that I do not want him banging about over xmas and to come back on the 2nd of January I am now his employer?

I think not.
          One does not 'employ' a builder to do work in ones house. One engages a builder to carry out a specific piece of work.

And if said builder wants to bang around over the Christmas holidays, there's nothing you can do to stop him, apparently. Expect a lawsuit in the post......
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            One does not 'employ' a builder to do work in ones house. One engages a builder to carry out a specific piece of work.

And if said builder wants to bang around over the Christmas holidays, there's nothing you can do to stop him, apparently. Expect a lawsuit in the post......
            Hmm ok I'm going away over xmas and you will not have access to the property to work.

What you gonna do? come park your white van outside and read the Sun all day?

Comment

Hmm ok I'm going away over xmas and you will not have access to the property to work.

What you gonna do? come park your white van outside and read the Sun all day?
              Does that not describe any normal working day for a builder ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

He must have been trolling. Asks our opinion and ends by telling us his lawyer agrees with him.

It was a good chuckle while it lasted.

Comment

Not a troll.

It seems that it's someone who runs a ltd co providing resource. The resources are employees of mcltd's company. mcltd isn't doing the work himself. It looks like these employees are provided on a standard contractor contract. Not sure IR35 applies at all. The situation seems to me more like when pwc or such ilk provide a consultant for a project.

At least that's what I glean from the drip drip of information in the original thread.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Not a troll.

It seems that it's someone who runs a ltd co providing resource. The resources are employees of mcltd's company. mcltd isn't doing the work himself. It looks like these employees are provided on a standard contractor contract. Not sure IR35 applies at all. The situation seems to me more like when pwc or such ilk provide a consultant for a project.

At least that's what I glean from the drip drip of information in the original thread.
                    In which case, what kind of cretin fails to confirm Christmas period working arrangements? Did he just assume that his resources would be wanted on site on Christmas Eve from 9 am to 530 pm?

Comment

Hmm ok I'm going away over xmas ...
                      Is your wife going to be at home? If so, then the builder can come round banging every day, you don't need to worry, everyone is happy, and you pay him on your return.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X