• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone available for a good gig at Shell via Eaglecliff?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone available for a good gig at Shell via Eaglecliff?

There is going to be a spot open soon. No work available from 20th Dec to 7th Jan so plenty of time off to enjoy with the family before getting stuck back in next year. Just thought I'd warn you of that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    There is going to be a spot open soon. No work available from 20th Dec to 7th Jan so plenty of time off to enjoy with the family before getting stuck back in next year. Just thought I'd warn you of that.
    And they have low standards, so PC should get in there quick.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'd have taken that if I could work right through the holidays. No work for that period sounds like control to me.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        I'd have taken that if I could work right through the holidays. No work for that period sounds like control to me.
        Yes. Not working because there is no work required by the client puts you squarely inside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Yes. Not working because there is no work required by the client puts you squarely inside IR35.
          Oh well, Employment Tribunal, here we come.....
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Oh well, Employment Tribunal, here we come.....
            It's possible that there is just no work for arseholes who are going to spoil the festive spirit.

Comment

I was so enjoying where that thread was going. What sort of a numpty threatens to sue Shell for saying there's no work over Christmas.

Also I just erm.. spoke at a mate, and he says that not all contractors have this furlough enforced, certainly those who are working on projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I was so enjoying where that thread was going. What sort of a numpty threatens to sue Shell for saying there's no work over Christmas.

Also I just erm.. spoke at a mate, and he says that not all contractors have this furlough enforced, certainly those who are working on projects.
                Damn lol. I wish I'd have just played with him a bit rather than getting all frustrated. Would have loved you to have posted that in there.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No work, no money, no MOO. Every cloud....
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

So if I employ a builder but say to him that I do not want him banging about over xmas and to come back on the 2nd of January I am now his employer?

I think not.

Comment

Working...
                    X