• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blinding Idea for phone menu systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always have my mobile on silent. I'll check my phone when I'm ready thank you. Occasionally I might just play my ringtone for the hell of it.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Why can't mobile phone operators agree on a standard short warbling sound, or even better if it is possible an inaudible control signal, to instruct one's mobile that the current call is to a menu system and will require the caller to type input, generally numbers?

That way the phone would know to maximise the number keypad on the display without the user having to press a button to do this. Drives me potty having to do it each time, and more than once I've accidently disconnected the call!
      This does exist but there's often a lag and only some sites have it implemented.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
      X