• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surprised none of our lefties mentioned this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I read the Telegraph and FT, but not the Mail as it's tulipe.
    ToryGraph is now basically Daily Mail with subscription

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      ToryGraph is now basically Daily Mail with subscription
      Ah but it has AEP.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        If you spoke on behalf of all lefties, that post might have been somewhat meaningful.

The right also tend to have echo chambers, but the refendum result happened due to leftist/centrist echo chambers, not the right wing ones.

HTH BIDI
        You missed the point. Not reading the Mail does not describe being in an echo chamber. It's a bad example to give, as it's a tulipe paper.

Comment

You missed the point. Not reading the Mail does not describe being in an echo chamber. It's a bad example to give, as it's a tulipe paper.
          Actually, you have missed the salient point. Quality is irrelevant for it, let me elaborate for you some more.

You can’t simultaneously claim the daily fail is consumed wholeheartedly by ‘the gammons’ and ‘gives them their views directly’, and yet somehow leftists/centrists not reading what the fail write is not an being in an echo chamber for non-right wingers...

So which is it?
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Actually, you have missed the salient point. Quality is irrelevant for it, let me elaborate for you some more.

You can’t simultaneously claim the daily fail is consumed wholeheartedly by ‘the gammons’ and ‘gives them their views directly’, and yet somehow leftists/centrists not reading what the fail write is not an being in an echo chamber for non-right wingers...

So which is it?
            Your writing is a bit garbled but I think I have your intent. Here goes.

Not reading the Mail does not mean that a Guardian reader (for example) is is an echo chamber for non right wingers. This Guardian reader may read the Telegraph or FT, for example. As is often the case, you could use set theory to add some logical structure to your point, and I acknowledge that there is a point in there somewhere.

Comment

Your writing is a bit garbled but I think I have your intent. Here goes.

Not reading the Mail does not mean that a Guardian reader (for example) is is an echo chamber for non right wingers. This Guardian reader may read the Telegraph or FT, for example. As is often the case, you could use set theory to add some logical structure to your point, and I acknowledge that there is a point in there somewhere.
              Not quite, but I can dumb it down for you. Here goes nothing;

You (and others) previously have stated many times before, that the gammons are ‘fed their views’ from the daily mail.

If leftists/centrists do not read what the daily mail write, they are in an echo chamber from the ‘views’ of the gammons/DM.

That is why the Brexit result was a shock to leftists/centrists.

The quality of ‘journalism’ in the mail, is therefore irrelevant, as I said earlier.

HTH
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Not quite, but I can dumb it down for you. Here goes nothing;

You (and others) previously have stated many times before, that the gammons are ‘fed their views’ from the daily mail.

If leftists/centrists do not read what the daily mail write, they are in an echo chamber from the ‘views’ of the gammons/DM.

That is why the Brexit result was a shock to leftists/centrists.

The quality of ‘journalism’ in the mail, is therefore irrelevant, as I said earlier.

HTH
                Set theory will help you out. Gammons don't exclusively get their views from the Mail. The Telegraph is quite gammony, but an intelligent paper.

Comment

So which is it?
                  Maybe those right wing xenophobes need to read more widely that the Fail then maybe, just maybe, they'd get out of their echo chamber and learn to be more open and accepting of others. Maybe then we wouldn't be in the position we are now because the brexiters would be more educated and understand what major complications brexit will bring.

But no, you're right, all the problems with brexit and the referendum has been caused by the centrists/leftists and not the right wing xenophobes who voted out

Don't you just love how brexiters are even now trying to blame those that voted remain for the problems now arising with brexit. Can't make it up
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Set theory will help you out. Gammons don't exclusively get their views from the Mail. The Telegraph is quite gammony, but an intelligent paper.
                    No need, to be fair I was dumbing down for you, so no doubt you can poke holes in an over-simplification...

Indeed, not all gammons views come from the fail, but all fail views are gammon.

You’re surely not suggesting the Brexit result wasn’t a shock to leftists/centrists, are you?

You’re surely not suggesting that, centrists especially, are in an echo chamber, from the views of the gammonati, are you?

In which case, you basically agree with all but a minor part of my post, but just can’t bring yourself to admit it.

If leftists/centrists were more aware of the types of views/articles posted by the DM, they could have taken preventative measures to ensure the vote went the way they wanted it to.
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Maybe those right wing xenophobes need to read more widely that the Fail then maybe, just maybe, they'd get out of their echo chamber and learn to be more open and accepting of others.
                      I agree

Maybe then we wouldn't be in the position we are now because the brexiters would be more educated and understand what major complications brexit will bring.
                      I disagree. That would have required some honesty from politicians about just how intertwined we were, which is something very few are open and honest about.

But no, you're right, all the problems with brexit and the referendum has been caused by the centrists/leftists and not the right wing xenophobes who voted out

Don't you just love how brexiters are even now trying to blame those that voted remain for the problems now arising with brexit. Can't make it up
                      You don’t get to tar all leave voters as xenophobes, just because you don’t agree with how they voted.

Voting to control your borders is not equal to not letting anyone different in.

The debate is more nuanced, than your lazy statement.
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X