• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surprised none of our lefties mentioned this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    No need, to be fair I was dumbing down for you, so no doubt you can poke holes in an over-simplification...

Indeed, not all gammons views come from the fail, but all fail views are gammon.

You’re surely not suggesting the Brexit result wasn’t a shock to leftists/centrists, are you?
    I can't speak for all leftists and centrists. Some were surprised and some not. Probably that is the same for Leaver types.

As for me, I told my colleagues the day before the referendum that they should never underestimate the stupidity and racism of the English electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I can't speak for all leftists and centrists. Some were surprised and some not. Probably that is the same for Leaver types.

As for me, I told my colleagues the day before the referendum that they should never underestimate the stupidity and racism of the English electorate.
      I think it’s fair to say, all left/centre news outlets/papers, politicians alike were in a total state of shock.

That was the result of pandering to the centre politics for decades, slowly resulting in less divergence politically between labour and conservatives, and as a further consequence, not caring that much for outside-centre views.

How very smug metropolitan elite of you, although I wouldn’t let the Welsh hear you call them English, as they may find that extremely rude, uninformed and plain wrong.
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I think it’s fair to say, all left/centre news outlets/papers, politicians alike were in a total state of shock.

That was the result of pandering to the centre politics for decades, slowly resulting in less divergence politically between labour and conservatives, and as a further consequence, not caring that much for outside-centre views.

How very smug metropolitan elite of you, although I wouldn’t let the Welsh hear you call them English, as they may find that extremely rude, uninformed and plain wrong.
        You need to understand set theory. I was making a comment about the English, not the Welsh.

Comment

You need to understand set theory. I was making a comment about the English, not the Welsh.
          Yes, however, a comment which would also be true of the Welsh (and NI & Scottish) leave voters too and without whom, there would be no Brexit.

Either that, or you’re just lazily stereotyping one nation and applying different standards on the voting intentions of the others.

Which is it?
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Yes, however, a comment which would also be true of the Welsh (and NI & Scottish) leave voters too and without whom, there would be no Brexit.

Either that, or you’re just lazily stereotyping one nation and applying different standards on the voting intentions of the others.

Which is it?
            It is neither as your question is based around a false dichotomy. You really should try to understand set theory better and then apply it logically to discussions.

I was making a comment about the English electorate but made no comment about the broader UK electorate. England constitutes more than 80% of the population of the UK (so has by far the greatest impact on the result), and I have spent most of my life living in England. That is why I restricted my comment to the English electorate.

Comment

It is neither as your question is based around a false dichotomy. You really should try to understand set theory better and then apply it logically to discussions.

I was making a comment about the English electorate but made no comment about the broader UK electorate. England constitutes more than 80% of the population of the UK (so has by far the greatest impact on the result), and I have spent most of my life living in England. That is why I restricted my comment to the English electorate.
              Either there are reasons for voting leave, that are not stupid and/or racist (and can be applied to English voters, but you lazily stereotyped instead),

Or there aren’t, in which case it applies to all leave voters in those other countries and your comment about the English equally applies to them.

Which is it?
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Which is it?
                I'm gonna go for lazy stereotyping for ten, Bob.

This particular forum is chock full of it.

Comment

Either there are reasons for voting leave, that are not stupid and/or racist (and can be applied to English voters, but you lazily stereotyped instead),

Or there aren’t, in which case it applies to all leave voters in those other countries and your comment about the English equally applies to them.

Which is it?
                  I won't pretend to know Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland well enough to express an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I'm gonna go for lazy stereotyping for ten, Bob.

This particular forum is chock full of it.
                    Lazy? I was right, so I made as much effort as was needed.

Comment

I won't pretend to know Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland well enough to express an opinion.
                      So a lazy stereotype, that anyone who voted leave was stupid and/or racist it is then.

You’re too metropolitan to ‘know’ England too, given you don’t live there and make lazy accusations, without understanding the intentions behind the votes, but you are free to express bigoted opinions, as you just have done, it’s your freedom.

HTH
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X