• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Major disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major disaster

Last night split beer over my laptop. And it was my (nearly full) last bottle.

Oh yeah, my laptop was damaged as well. But got a new one in the morning.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Project Fear. No beer was spilt and the laptop is fine.

Comment

aye, well beer's more expensive than laptops in swizzyland, so you would be understandably upset

Comment

Found some Guinness cans. And once my laptop had dried out, it worked ok - if a little sticky. Still, it was time for a new one.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Project Fear. No beer was spilt and the laptop is fine.
          No that's Project EU Army, EU migrant disaster or Eire hard border, deny it happened call everyone liars, cretin and racists.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            No that's Project EU Army, EU migrant disaster or Eire hard border, deny it happened call everyone liars, cretin and racists.
            Why do you call Ireland 'Eire'? It's like saying 'Espana' instead of Spain. It's a very odd practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Why do you call Ireland 'Eire'? It's like saying 'Espana' instead of Spain. It's a very odd practice.

Well that is what its called. Southern Ireland seems a bit confrontational like South Korea. Ireland is the Island and calling it that seems a bit offensive to the North as well as confusing.

Article 4 of the Constitution of Ireland, adopted in 1937, provides that "[t]he name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland".[3] Hence, the Irish state has two official names, Éire (in Irish) and Ireland (in English).
              I could call it the Republic of Ireland but that seems like a communist state.

No I suspect you are the expert in very odd practice at least according to NLyUK.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I notice that the British press and those who wish the b-word be gone are also studiously ignoring the "Yellow Jacket" protests in France as if it has nothing to do with the project.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Sounds like someone got a little overexcited browsing the internet whilst drunk. And you say the laptop is a little sticky now??

Comment

Well that is what its called. Southern Ireland seems a bit confrontational like South Korea. Ireland is the Island and calling it that seems a bit offensive to the North as well as confusing.

I could call it the Republic of Ireland but that seems like a communist state.

No I suspect you are the expert in very odd practice at least according to NLyUK.
                    Is the country's official name not just Ireland?

A bit like Sudan and South Sudan.

Comment

Working...
                    X