• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gatwick Chaos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh the horror!
    I included that as an insight into what it must have been like for those poor sods stuck in the airport where even basic services were unable to cope.

I presume once through security you're stuck hoping for the flight to go ahead and can't simply just walk back out and come back later without lots of faff and likely lengthy queues.

Shockingly bad response by the authorities. They could easily have disabled the drone by twatting it with a police helicopter skid or staying out of reach up above it and dropping a net over it. Drones can't out fly a helicopter!
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Find the ****er who did and sue them.
      It seems that it is a local anti Gatwick activist.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        It seems that it is a local anti Gatwick activist.
        Probably one of those idiots that buys a house twenty yards from the end of the runway, then starts complaining about the noise

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post

Even a large drone, the diameter of a bin lid would not bring down an airliner. It took a flock of geese and multiple strikes to force the plane in the US to ditch in the New York river. Even so, the pilot made a controlled landing.

A drone isn't made of muscle, skin and bone which are fairly easy for an aircraft engine to survive ingesting. A Drone will have carbon fibre, some metal and a battery. All of which are far worse for an engine to ingest. It is also not the engine failure that would be the problem - twin engine aircraft are designed to continue to fly with an engine failure at takeoff. It is how the engine fails. Even though the engine nacelle is designed to stop bits coming out, sometimes they don't. Broken fan blade(s) through the fuselage anyone?

Comment

Whoever it is.... dun dun dun ..... he's back.

Gatwick flights suspended again after suspected drone sighting - BBC News

Got to admire their mentalness and balls. Hope the British Army slot the bastard.

Edit: Swear filter's failed.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Do Lucasfilm know about 'the drone wars'?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Do Lucasfilm know about 'the drone wars'?
                  It's been parody, so protected.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    It's been parody, so protected.
                    Whatever, - made Me chuckle , - ta muchly

Comment

Interesting Twitter thread from a chap who knows his drones, and theorises that the attackers could be using up to 48 self-built drones, moving around between launches in a wide area (he includes maps). Archived so you don't have put up with Twitter's website: Thread by @brad3d: "Retail drones with remote telemetry can’t fly near airports, they are locked out in software. DJI drones can’t get within 2.5km of […]" #GatwickAirport #GatwickDrones #drones #BadGuys

Comment

Working...
                      X