• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

217 days billed this year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will have invoiced for 236 days this year by the 31st Dec. My 36th straight year contracting and still billing like a good 'un.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Around 165 for me this year as I took the summer off. Lowest for me for 22 years.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

197 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Around 165 for me this year as I took the summer off. Lowest for me for 22 years.
          I don’t know how many days but it’s lowest corp tax ever. Also worked 3 day week for a while, not as fun as it sounds.

Here is to next year and working less for more.

Comment

No idea how many. The company is still in profit and the shareholders are happy.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              If the other non ginger contractors got more you need to sue them.
              I'll remember this, NLUK.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I don’t know how many days but it’s lowest corp tax ever. Also worked 3 day week for a while, not as fun as it sounds.

Here is to next year and working less for more.

I'm lucky now in the respect that I have a passive income of around 35k before contracting only really need an extra 15K a year to breakeven. So the fact I've now moved my retail to online means that's going to be around 30k profit for next year and I've still got contracting income is a bonus
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

55 days, which is 13 days less than my age. Enough to keep the old cv ticking over .
                  First contract in 20 years where I could catch a local bus to work.
                  Made a change from always working away from home Mondays to Fridays.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    240 here. A record for me I think.

To be fair 150 of them were spent posting on here
                    There's a Turkish chemical tanker docking tonight so plenty more work for you before year end.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      That's enough for me. Merry Christmas to you all.
                      Good to see that the "Oldest Profession" is still serving you well.

Have a good Festive Season and I hope your EOD goes into remission before March 29th. The forum needs your steady trickle of codswallop to supplement the nonsensical gibberish of the whortys and darmys. Without that input we are simply a juggernaut devoid of its' furry dice!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X