• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buried News - Public Health Grant Cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buried News - Public Health Grant Cuts

Government buried this on the last working day before Christmas - Government slammed for public health grant cuts | Public Finance

Just don't get an STI now will you....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Probably the consequences of some of these savings end up costing more. Look at all the fly tipping since councils started charging so much for commercial disposals.

PS
    Chance would be a fine thing.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Government buried this on the last working day before Christmas - Government slammed for public health grant cuts | Public Finance

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that after March next year there would be more cash available for the NHS. It surprises me that NHS budgets are actually being cut ... now, where did I read about that NHS dividend?!?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I could have sworn that I read somewhere that after March next year there would be more cash available for the NHS. It surprises me that NHS budgets are actually being cut ... now, where did I read about that NHS dividend?!?
        I’ve bolded the relevant part of your post, to see if you can spot the flaw in your own logic
        (If we were to take the statement as factual, that is)

PS. This thread is in general, so you’re skirting close to the edge Whorty.

PPS. It’s clear you didn’t even read the article (as per usual), as the spokesperson for the LA said:
        Increasing spending for the NHS while cutting funding for services that impact health is a false economy.”
        Last edited by Bean; 22 December 2018, 12:36. Reason: PPS added to highlight even more cretinism of Whorty
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Could it be, that central government thinks the local authorities use such monies in a politically-motivated way (think labour councils ‘buying the youth vote’), that are not always aligned to central government?

Could it be, central government thinks that money is used in a much less partisan way within the NHS?
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            I’ve bolded the relevant part of your post, to see if you can spot the flaw in your own logic
            (If we were to take the statement as factual, that is)

PS. This thread is in general, so you’re skirting close to the edge Whorty.

PPS. It’s clear you didn’t even read the article (as per usual), as the spokesperson for the LA said:
            Increasing spending for the NHS while cutting funding for services that impact health is a false economy.”
            Skirting close to the edge? I've no idea what you're referring to I was merely talking about the new financial year and hence new budgets .... honest

I read the article .... I just chose to write my own narrative as is the way on here

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Could it be, that central government thinks the local authorities use such monies in a politically-motivated way (think labour councils ‘buying the youth vote’), that are not always aligned to central government?

Could it be, central government thinks that money is used in a much less partisan way within the NHS?
              Central government does the same - uses money to buy votes (DUP spring to mind?). But as a nation, how do we want it to be run? With all spend and control from a central government, or devolved locally where (you would hope) there is a better understanding of where the spend is most required?

Comment

Public health budgets for local authorities will be slashed by £85m in 2019-20, the government announced yesterday.

The total funding package handed down from central government to local government has shrunk from £3.215bn in 2018-19 to £3.134bn in 2019-20.

Funding is used for things like sexual health services, stop smoking campaigns, drug and alcohol treatment.
                Helping people pay less tax is hardly a constructive use of taxpayers money...

And most of that £85m would be saved by getting rid of all the middle managers who sit around all day dreaming up stupid ways to spend even more money. I can tell the end of year is approaching, because I get deluged with texts and other targeted mail to quit smoking. They need to spend the cash quickly, or they don't get it next year.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty
                  ...It surprises me that NHS budgets are actually being cut...
                  Originally posted by Bean
                  It’s clear you didn’t even read the article (as per usual)
                  the the spokesperson for the LA said:
                  Originally posted by Whorty
                  I read the article .... I just chose to write a cretinous post instead
                  Ftfy

♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Central government does the same - uses money to buy votes (DUP spring to mind?). But as a nation, how do we want it to be run? With all spend and control from a central government, or devolved locally where (you would hope) there is a better understanding of where the spend is most required?
                    1st question is whataboutery, but for the others i’ll refer you to my earlier post, stating:
                    So a short answer is to your 2nd question is yes, centrally, but given to a relatively non-partisan public body, the NHS, which will simultaneously deliver the same results as your 3rd ‘question’

♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                    X