Buy to Let - Humour Me Buy to Let - Humour Me - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

More time posting than coding

fiisch is a permanent contractor

I suppose my thinking is along the lines of further diversifying (i.e.: equities and BTL) and that along with a yield of 5-6%, there is a potential for capital gain in regards to property price, and being able to use leverage to further increase property portfolio. That coupled with the fact that potentially, if the company-to-company loan is a viable option, makes BTL seem an attractive option, particularly for a contractor.

Then again, granted equities need a lot less administration and demands on mine/my wife's time, but as someone fairly new to investing, I suppose it's easier to wrap my head around a tangible bricks and mortar investment rather than scary stocks...!

Fingers like lightning

stonehenge 's job has never been outsourced

Put your money in bitcoin.

Godlike

ChimpMaster is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Consider the expected yield. 5%?

Interest rates are going to be beyond that number a in year or so anyway. You may as well leave your money in the bank. When interest rates move back up the BTL market will slump.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Last credit crisis in the UK you've got to look back to the 1930's, recognise a pattern? You think interest rates are not going to rise uncontrollably again?

Last edited by scooterscot; 24th December 2018 at 13:41.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

looking to the future am considering possibly getting into BTL
    I've heard it's the future...especially as many are leaving the market.

Interest rates aren't going to rise in the UK, we've had our Japan moment. Immigration will rise not fall, Brexit or no Brexit. MIMBY's and planning departments will ensure feck all housing stock is built.

I'd say bloody good idea.
    I have left CUK...please do not expect any replies to threads or PMs...