• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Zwifters on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox hat had to get rid of his zwift set-up after his garage fulled with gel wrappers.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
      I'll be doing it in a supported group. It's been a number of decades since I last clocked up 10k miles in a year, so I'll be doing the easy 21 day schedule. I figure I can handle a couple of hours at pottering speed each morning, and the same again in the afternoons... After I've survived the first few days getting out of Cornwall & Devon!
      Did it a few years back - also over 21 days (including 3 rest days). Did the west coast including Arran and Mull. Averaged around 70 miles a day, so nice pace - but we did it largely unsupported (some luggage transfer from helpful relatives in the middle bit!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Did it a few years back - also over 21 days (including 3 rest days). Did the west coast including Arran and Mull. Averaged around 70 miles a day, so nice pace - but we did it largely unsupported (some luggage transfer from helpful relatives in the middle bit!)
        Yeah, but to be fair, you're not built like MF or Threaded!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Yep, great training tool in the cold wet weather. Rules #5 and #9 not withstanding.

Managed to escape the mayhem here for 90 minutes yesterday and had another bash at the Alpe. New PB and and increased my FTP. Turns out mince pies are a performance enhancing substance

Using my normal road bike and a smart trainer rather than a Wattbike or similar.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Yep, great training tool in the cold wet weather. Rules #5 and #9 not withstanding.

Managed to escape the mayhem here for 90 minutes yesterday and had another bash at the Alpe. New PB and and increased my FTP. Turns out mince pies are a performance enhancing substance

Using my normal road bike and a smart trainer rather than a Wattbike or similar.
            Rules #5 amd #9?

Ah, got it. Velominati.

I think doing a 200km randonee in the Peak District with steel 27x1 1/4 wheels & single freewheel (78", if I recall correctly) comfortably gets me through rule #5 (and #24!). And many a Reliability Trial in February & March in the '70s give me a pass for #9.

It seems the Wattbike has a program for Winnats pass, something I never did manage to conquer back in the day...

By the Alpe, you mean D'Huez?

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
              Rules #5 amd #9?

Ah, got it. Velominati.

I think doing a 200km randonee in the Peak District with steel 27x1 1/4 wheels & single freewheel (78", if I recall correctly) comfortably gets me through rule #5 (and #24!). And many a Reliability Trial in February & March in the '70s give me a pass for #9.

It seems the Wattbike has a program for Winnats pass, something I never did manage to conquer back in the day...

By the Alpe, you mean D'Huez?
              Yep, Zwift has an accurate recreation of the the d'Huez climb in Watopia. All 21 hairpins and a meter by meter recreation of the gradients. Reviews by those who have ridden the real thing regularly generally agree that it's as close as you can get without actually going there.

I do a fair bit of Audax riding, and have ridden Winnats, not in a hurry to do it again, although that might change depending on circumstances in the new year.

Aiming for a big year next year so working now to get my fitness back after 3 months out with injury.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yep Zwifter here. Tend to use it in the evenings after work for the training plans. Might give the comps a go at some point.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  Yep Zwifter here. Tend to use it in the evenings after work for the training plans. Might give the comps a go at some point.
                  I mix it between races (at least once a week, mostly flat courses), training sessions and group rides (as recovery rides). My fitness has gone through the roof since I joined Zwift. Currently a mid table Cat C rider, but hoping to get to Cat B by June this year as I'm signed up to do the Tour of Cambridgeshire on my Single Speed (IRL) so I need to up the power, and lower the weight
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                  X