• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The people found off the Kent coast since November:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I think ......
    Your posting history suggests otherwise

You're welcome

Happy New Year
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Have any of the atrocities in the UK claimed by ISIS actually been carried out by recently arrived asylum seekers/illegal immigrants?
      No, but by your logic, if something hasn't happened before, it will never happen. The govt have admitted that between 500 and 1500 ISIS fighters are expected to attempt to return to the UK. With the proviso that all govt estimates can be assumed to be wildly inaccurate, you can turn those numbers into any of your choosing. Those who have tried to use conventional means of travel have largely (we hope) been unsuccessful, because a young man or woman who traveled to Turkey 3 or 4 years ago, and is now returning for the first time is going to have some serious questions to answer when they arrive at Gatwick.
      We have to presume that ISIS (or its new bastard offspring) will try to get insurgents into the UK under the fog of the migrant chaos, because quite simply they'd be stupid if they didn't.
      So to answer your Q, a 'genuine' migrant will be unlikely to turn on the UK, but a returning ex-ISIS fanatic in the guise of a migrant will be coming for that reason only.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        No, but by your logic, if something hasn't happened before, it will never happen. The govt have admitted that between 500 and 1500 ISIS fighters are expected to attempt to return to the UK.
        So by your logic, they should screen for anti EU tendencies, in case one goes on to murder an MP.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          So by your logic, they should screen for anti EU tendencies, in case one goes on to murder an MP.
          On the other hand, one of them could go on to discover an important breakthrough treatment for cancer, if they get into the country.

Comment

Good to see the U.K. has it’s priorities right in who we allow in and who we need gunboats to keep out.

At least they’re not ISIS though, right?

Wealthy aunt and three cousins of Syrian dictator Assad secretly granted the right to live in the UK

The woman and her two sons are the wife and children of Rifaat al-Assad, dubbed the ‘Butcher of Hama’, who earned his nickname after allegedly ordering the killing of up to 40,000 Syrians in 1982.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Your posting history suggests otherwise

You're welcome

Happy New Year

hey that makes both of us then feckwit
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                No, but by your logic, if something hasn't happened before, it will never happen. The govt have admitted that between 500 and 1500 ISIS fighters are expected to attempt to return to the UK. With the proviso that all govt estimates can be assumed to be wildly inaccurate, you can turn those numbers into any of your choosing. Those who have tried to use conventional means of travel have largely (we hope) been unsuccessful, because a young man or woman who traveled to Turkey 3 or 4 years ago, and is now returning for the first time is going to have some serious questions to answer when they arrive at Gatwick.
                We have to presume that ISIS (or its new bastard offspring) will try to get insurgents into the UK under the fog of the migrant chaos, because quite simply they'd be stupid if they didn't.
                So to answer your Q, a 'genuine' migrant will be unlikely to turn on the UK, but a returning ex-ISIS fanatic in the guise of a migrant will be coming for that reason only.
                This makes no sense ..... those trying to get across the channel have never been to the UK before and therefore they are not attempting to return to the UK, and hence are not the ISIS fighters you infer.

Returning ISIS fighters are mostly UK nationals and have UK passports. They became radicalised in the UK, and we exported these terrorists to other countries. What does that make the UK in your head? Or do you not associate the country that creates these terrorists and simply look at their heritage and skin colour?

Those trying to get across on the boats are refugees or most likely, economic immigrants. No different to when Brits want to move abroad to get a better life for their family. We even have TV shows of Brits aiming to do the same in other countries .... do you not think people should have the basic human right to better their lives?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  hey that makes both of us then feckwit
                  Oooh, the wit. I may have to sit down and have a weep for a few hours to get over your sharp tongue.

Comment

This makes no sense ..... those trying to get across the channel have never been to the UK before and therefore they are not attempting to return to the UK, and hence are not the ISIS fighters you infer.

Returning ISIS fighters are mostly UK nationals and have UK passports. They became radicalised in the UK, and we exported these terrorists to other countries. What does that make the UK in your head? Or do you not associate the country that creates these terrorists and simply look at their heritage and skin colour?

Those trying to get across on the boats are refugees or most likely, economic immigrants. No different to when Brits want to move abroad to get a better life for their family. We even have TV shows of Brits aiming to do the same in other countries .... do you not think people should have the basic human right to better their lives?
                    They became radicalised in the UK, and we exported these terrorists to other countries. - Yes but the radicalisation process was not performed by white english people was it now?

If they are genuine immigrants then there are ways to apply to live in the Uk - I imagine in much the same way as those people who are on that TV programme also need to apply to live in that new country of their choosing.

I guess one of the main differences is that those people on the tele are not trying to enter the country illegally, have actually researched the country they are going to, probably have jobs lined up or at least interviews and also maybe have a bit of cash behind them - mainly so they are not immediately a complete burden on whatever country they wash ashore on.

Not that that wash ashore they normally arrive at the airport - with the correct papers filled out and some cash and probably a place to stay.

Comment

do you not think people should have the basic human right to better their lives?
                      By leaving Europe before Brexit, surely they would be better staying in the prosperous EU?
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X