• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Louis CK & Kevin Spacey...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard of Louis CK. Just googled him, and wish I hadn't bothered.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If the choice is snowflakery or turning a blind eye to a pedo, which is better?

I'd hardly say being offended about KS is virtue signalling or snowflakery. This isn't someone who once used a racial slur when a teenager being hounded decades later as "a racist".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        If the choice is snowflakery or turning a blind eye to a pedo, which is better?

I'd hardly say being offended about KS is virtue signalling or snowflakery. This isn't someone who once used a racial slur when a teenager being hounded decades later as "a racist".
        The point of this post is that trial by mob and PC police is losing its edge and they know it. I still believe these matters are best left to the legally appointed authorities and not to be dictated by angry hordes who will misuse their 'power' in other cases to achieve political gains.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          The point of this post is that trial by mob and PC police is losing its edge and they know it. I still believe these matters are best left to the legally appointed authorities and not to be dictated by angry hordes who will misuse their 'power' in other cases to achieve political gains.
          Criminal matters are for the police. Matters of tastefulness can and are judged by the public, where they can be called out.

Or does freedom of speech only work one way for you?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Criminal matters are for the police. Matters of tastefulness can and are judged by the public, where they can be called out.

Or does freedom of speech only work one way for you?
            It works the way it's working now - everyone says what they want, the public decides what's important or not. As pointed out at the beginning of this thread which was essentially saying "Yay the public don't GAS about the snowflake 'laws' and it's showing".

Snowflakes and their opposites can all say WTF they want.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

That would mean the end of the General forum.

Comment

It works the way it's working now - everyone says what they want, the public decides what's important or not. As pointed out at the beginning of this thread which was essentially saying "Yay the public don't GAS about the snowflake 'laws' and it's showing".

Snowflakes and their opposites can all say WTF they want.
                You sound very triggered. Perhaps you should have a cup of tea and a lie down.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  You sound very triggered. Perhaps you should have a cup of tea and a lie down.
                  Is that what Kevin Spacey said to his victims?

Comment

Would you say the same for the Wailers and the "must be a Muslim", "must be a leftie", etc every time something bad happens?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Would you say the same for the Wailers and the "must be a Muslim", "must be a leftie", etc every time something bad happens?
                      Absolutely

Comment

Working...
                      X