• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booking Easyjet Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booking Easyjet Question

Previously, when booking a return trip on Easyjet and adding baggage, I have managed to book online and pay for baggage on the outbound only. I don'd need baggage on the return. However, on the new interface it appears that baggage has to be booked on outbound and return (it may be a bug). Anyone know the answer. And don't say fly with another f-ing airline because even the major airlines are charging extra for baggage on short-haul flights. eg Easyjet £59 rtn + baggage; BA £230 + baggage charge.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

one way shipment huh - Drugs or Brexit, which is it?
    Last edited by scooterscot; 2 January 2019, 12:16.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Previously, when booking a return trip on Easyjet and adding baggage, I have managed to book online and pay for baggage on the outbound only. I don'd need baggage on the return. However, on the new interface it appears that baggage has to be booked on outbound and return (it may be a bug). Anyone know the answer. And don't say fly with another f-ing airline because even the major airlines are charging extra for baggage on short-haul flights. eg Easyjet £59 rtn + baggage; BA £230 + baggage charge.
      Book 2 one way tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        one way shipment huh - Drugs or Brexit, which is it?
        I am slowly moving everything out of the UK, I want to take one of my bicycles and a load of winter gear.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Book 2 one way tickets?
        If you select return on Easyjet and all other airlines, the return is cheaper than booking two one-way journeys.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I suggest calling them to get it sorted, might want to book return with no luggage and only call to add luggage to one leg of the journey to make the call shorter/easier. Just because it's missing from the booking web interface doesn't mean it's not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
            I suggest calling them to get it sorted, might want to book return with no luggage and only call to add luggage to one leg of the journey to make the call shorter/easier. Just because it's missing from the booking web interface doesn't mean it's not possible.
            And the answer is "Passengers can no longer book one-way luggage online because many customers had made mistakes in the past". So it is booking over the phone only and at a greater cost.

Comment

And the answer is "Passengers can no longer book one-way luggage online because many customers had made mistakes in the past". So it is booking over the phone only and at a greater cost.
              So you pay for the stupidity of others. Not sure what the extra cost is for booking over the phone, but it might be cheaper just to book return with luggage on-line

Comment

Can't you get your PA to sort all this out for you?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Can't you get your PA to sort all this out for you?
                  She is busy under the desk giving me a BJ

Comment

She is busy under the desk giving me a BJ
                    Remind me never to apply to be your PA
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X