• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jesse Edwards - Propulse Video Spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse Edwards - Propulse Video Spam

Has anyone else had unsolicited emails from someone claiming to have gone to the same university as you, who wants to help your business with a video?

...or is it just me?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Has anyone else had unsolicited emails from someone claiming to have gone to the same university as you, who wants to help your business with a video?

...or is it just me?

there were lots of contract toilet cleaners at Oxford Uni?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

...or is it just me?
      Yes, but can't remember the name. I deleted it.

Comment

...or is it just me?
        In my day most of them were called Polytechnics...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          In my day most of them were called Polytechnics...

In my day they were Approved Schools

Comment

...or is it just me?
            I doubt anyone here went to Mexborough college.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I just got this email from The CoFounder

I find the space in the website name in his signature disturbing, to say the least (propulsevideo.- SPACE -com)
              I just reviewed your LinkedIn profile so I thought I would contact you by email directly.
              I would like to discuss with you as we make explainer corporate videos for companies from the Information Technology and Services sector.
              We have helped some of them stand out and raise their target audience’s interest in less than 2 minutes.
              Would you be available sometime this week for a quick 15-minute call to discuss how we could help you do the same?
              P.S. Here is an example of a video made for your sector:

[some useless YouTube video]

Kind regards,

Xxxxxxx
              Co-Founder

Comment

Originally posted by halfmanhalftenor View Post
                I just reviewed your LinkedIn profile so I thought I would contact you by email directly.
                I would like to discuss with you as we make explainer corporate videos for companies from the Information Technology and Services sector.
                We have helped some of them stand out and raise their target audience’s interest in less than 2 minutes.
                Would you be available sometime this week for a quick 15-minute call to discuss how we could help you do the same?
                P.S. Here is an example of a video made for your sector:
                I'm not a contractor: I have a permanent post in part of the public sector where "explainer" corporate videos are hardly relevant. I got an email just like that last August and ignored it; then it was followed up with a "Did you forget my email?" email. So I responded saying it's not relevant to my employment and please don't contact me again.

Six months on and I've just today got another one. I'm now laying the law down heavy-handedly in response and we'll see what happens. Given that this thread came up with a search for "Propulse video" and Google filled in "spam", I suspect that it's not an uncommon problem.

Comment

...or is it just me?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

...or is it just me?
                    Sounds like nonsense to me.

WTFH would be lucky to get a 'F' in CSE Woodwork let alone a degree.

Comment

Working...
                    X