• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them new passport border machine things

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Use them almost monthly on Heathrow T5 and flying through.
    Looking at the non EU/Uk queues which take at least 2 to 3 hours I'm wondering how that will be after Brexit
    and yet More thread pollution

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      and yet More thread pollution
      Oh look there is the retard trolleypusher from Tesco's, oh no can't be him because that's actually a nice person

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        *rant thread*
        Flew into Edinburgh last night. What was a working system is now a complete up. First we're sat on the plane for near 40 minutes after parking at the gate cause no steps were available.
        Aw poor baby.

Disembarking some while later three plane loads are met with a row of new passport self service machines. A human would have processed me three times faster is my guess. And I was not alone, a lot of frustrations amongst travellers. They must have spent a fortune, and for what? To put some people out of a job to save some pennies down the line?.
        I'd strongly disagree with this. A person might yes... but how many people do they ever have on at one time. I don't think I've ever seen more than 5 or so, usually it's 2 or 3. From what I remember at Manchester, one terminal can only has 10 or so booths in total anyway. Last time I was went through there were something like 10 machines working. Slightly slower than a person but twice as many.

From what I've seen they also re-direct people through the people option where they can as well.

My only beef is the clueless idiots that try use them. That's your bottle neck. Same with security. How many signs do they have and people shouting the rules and some pillock goes though the detector with coins in their pocket or didn't take laptops out so their bag has to go through again.

I was sad to see the retinal scanner option disappear at Manchester. So few people bothered registering it was straight through even when the queue was down the ramp. Bloody brilliant it was.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          As long as they are compatible with the new British Passports. Are you getting one Scooty?

Hopefully not it will improve the UK for the rest of us.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Use them almost monthly on Heathrow T5 and flying through.
            Looking at the non EU/Uk queues which take at least 2 to 3 hours I'm wondering how that will be after Brexit

well they will be much better, they will be UK only

you can go in the 3 day long non uk queue while we are waved through with our blue passports.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              well they will be much better, they will be UK only

you can go in the 3 day long non uk queue while we are waved through with our blue passports.
              Of course it will be the other way around when you arrive in Europe

Comment

Of course it will be the other way around when you arrive in Europe
                Or we could just choose to go to the 80% of the world which isn't Europe...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I flew American Airlines (BA partner) in the US and it's a shambles. First off, just don't fly AA as a BA partner, just don't.

Anyway, we arrived at the airport early and had to wait until the staff arrived (fair enough), they then proceeded to turn on the check-in machines. 4 staff, 6 machines. Nearly everyone had issues with the check-in machines. At the end of it, a luggage sticker is printed off you are then supposed to attach this to your luggage.

Sounds easy right, well the on-screen instructions stay on screen for about 10 seconds then you are supposed to figure out how to attach this and not obscure the bar code. Anyway, we tried to figure it out and couldn't, so started watching other people figure it out. In the end a member of staff helped and a small crowd gathered round.

oh AA wanted to charge us 100 dollars for being 1lb over the weight limit. Despite both cases together being under the limit. Just a shambles.
                  I've flown AA internally in the USA quite a few times in the last few months and have never had any problems. Get Priority Boarding and it's all easy peasy. You pull up outside the airport and there's a luggage check-in there, just remember to tip the guys. When you go to board you just go to a different queue and go straight through. The last one I did was from Orlando to Washington where apparently it's sheer hell, took me 20 minutes from getting out of the Über to having a beer at the gate. Flight attendants were a bit scary though plus AA are a bit of a rip-off
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    As long as they are compatible with the new British Passports. Are you getting one Scooty?
                    He'll still be holding up the queues with this.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X