• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them new passport border machine things

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Or we could just choose to go to the 80% of the world which isn't Europe...
    Heaven forfend!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I've flown AA internally in the USA quite a few times in the last few months and have never had any problems. Get Priority Boarding and it's all easy peasy. You pull up outside the airport and there's a luggage check-in there, just remember to tip the guys. When you go to board you just go to a different queue and go straight through. The last one I did was from Orlando to Washington where apparently it's sheer hell, took me 20 minutes from getting out of the Über to having a beer at the gate. Flight attendants were a bit scary though plus AA are a bit of a rip-off
      The problem is when you book a BA flight and they partner with AA. You can't get priority boarding, in fact you can't check in through the app. You can't upgrade from the machines either.

We had several flights with AA and each time we had problems with seats and in one case, people where boarding and we still didnt have seats allocated to us.

Generally AA is a rip off, they wanted to charge 100 dollars for luggage being 1 pound over, despite both cases being under. The attendants are rude and unhelpful. The machines are poor and nearly everyone had issues with them.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        The problem is when you book a BA flight and they partner with AA. You can't get priority boarding, in fact you can't check in through the app. You can't upgrade from the machines either.

We had several flights with AA and each time we had problems with seats and in one case, people where boarding and we still didnt have seats allocated to us.

Generally AA is a rip off, they wanted to charge 100 dollars for luggage being 1 pound over, despite both cases being under. The attendants are rude and unhelpful. The machines are poor and nearly everyone had issues with them.
        Fair enough, I tend to book my flights on AA when already in the USA but they are a rip-off. We tend to fly first class which is pretty much equivalent to economy on a transatlantic flight. You do get booze and a hot meal and the seats are a bit larger but that's about it. The last flight we tried to get first class but was booked out apart from really early so got an economy with reserved seats and priority boarding which was only $20 less than first! I also have TSA pre-clearance which gets you on quicker, have you tried getting that in advance?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
        X