• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide's House Price Index December 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide's House Price Index December 2018

Happy new year all.

Key points:

- Annual house price growth slows to its weakest pace since February 2013

- Prices fell 0.7% in the month of December, after taking account of seasonal factors

- Outer Metropolitan and London regions both recorded small house price declines in 2018

Full report here:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...ec_Q4_2018.pdf

Use DOOM™ in thread titles to get more responses

Comment

No one wants cheap housing, this is clearly a fooking disaster!

Comment

Doom - glad I cashed in the Edinburgh place. Tax free too

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just wait for it, there'll be a reset. The BoE will either devaluate the currency by at least half, allowing an increase in wages to match the golden 3x ratio of houses, or they'll be a massive crash in asset prices. I reckon the latter, as it was money printing that pushed up prices, this time a money squeeze will destroy asset prices.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            it was money printing that pushed up prices, this time a money squeeze will destroy asset prices.
            Oh, brilliant analysis, Sherlock.

I'd say you're completely safe from all financial scams with that level of intuition.

Comment

There's nothing brilliant about it. If anything it angers me. Central banks printed money robbing you of your wealth. You've now spent money you've never had increasing debt to levels never seen since the late 1930's. The only outcome is a squeeze on credit. This time it'll be much greater than that experienced in 2008. Much greater. Asset prices will be shrunk, and you wealth restored? I think not. Gold is a good way to protect yourself against the reset. Timing when it happens, no one can do.

Comment

Working...
              X