• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Used car ad displays the personal information of previous keepers (via V5)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my view would be that that persons information was most definitely not given to the DVLA to allow some used car spiv sales person to use it as a selling point.

So straight away there is an issue of data not being used in line with the reason it was collected.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      What criminal law do you believe has been borderline broken?
      Not only starting a sentence with "so", but giving it a whole paragraph to itself.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So if you think it’s illegal, did YOU do anything about it more constructive than writing a rant on the internet?
        and pointing it out to throusands of people who aren't even interested in buying the car
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by password View Post
          Old Greg, I take offence to your describing my outrage as not genuine, fake or false. It is absolutely genuine.
          If you're offended at that, it's no wonder you're depressed......

HINT: If you take offence easily DON'T post in general
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Spot on.. did you google the abstract of text?

What do people think of this? Am I the only person who is absolutely outraged..?
            Who's got the keys for the bus?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              If you're offended at that, it's no wonder you're depressed......

HINT: If you take offence easily DON'T post in general
              That's a pretty low blow don't you think?

Comment

Erm... which part of "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously." do you have difficulty with. (Notwithstanding that certain threads will be protected from trolling).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But have you reported the ad?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Erm... which part of "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously." do you have difficulty with. (Notwithstanding that certain threads will be protected from trolling).
                    Fair enough.. my humour intelligence isn't quite at the level of tuning I would like when it comes to text....

Comment

Fair enough.. my humour intelligence isn't quite at the level of tuning I would like when it comes to text....
                      And completely non existent when it comes to anything else?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X