• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Used car ad displays the personal information of previous keepers (via V5)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used car ad displays the personal information of previous keepers (via V5)

So,

I was looking at used cars last evening and came across an ad that opened with ....

"This car has only had 2 Former Keepers From New - Including Lord ******* (Member of Parliament). The two former keepers are both in Exclusive London Postcodes"

What trollop.. in the gallery the guy proceeds to display the V5 document displaying the addresses of the two previous keepers.

Aside from being a complete clown and the prestige of previous owners having no real bearing on a cars value, state etc...I think this is borderline criminal.

The dealership who did this needs to be seriously reprimanded in my opinion.

Home addresses are key for identity theft claims and various other nasty activities.....

It's absolute madness.. what do you think?

Originally posted by password View Post
    So,

I was looking at used cars last evening and came across an ad that opened with ....

"This car has only had 2 Former Keepers From New - Including Lord ******* (Member of Parliament). The two former keepers are both in Exclusive London Postcodes"

What trollop.. in the gallery the guy proceeds to display the V5 document displaying the addresses of the two previous keepers.

Aside from being a complete clown and the prestige of previous owners having no real bearing on a cars value, state etc...I think this is borderline criminal.

The dealership who did this needs to be seriously reprimanded in my opinion.

Home addresses are key for identity theft claims and various other nasty activities.....

It's absolute madness.. what do you think?
    What criminal law do you believe has been borderline broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Well the use of "criminal" was hyperbole...

Well it was just a thought of mine, please take it for what it was.
      Last edited by password; 6 January 2019, 16:07.

Comment

Breach of the Data Protection Act and/or Article 8 of the ECHR.

The dealership posting has no right to publish personal information of third parties without their consent, and the hosting website may be implicated for hosting the breach.

IMO.

Comment

What’s the car make and model?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            2006 BMW 530i SE Touring

2006 Grey BMW 5 SERIES 3.0 530i SE Touring 5dr for sale for GBP5499 in March, Cambridgeshire
            Last edited by greenlake; 6 January 2019, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Mercedes drink-driver mangles car after hitting hedge - BBC News

should be right up your street

Comment

Who's sockie is this?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Spot on.. did you google the abstract of text?

What do people think of this? Am I the only person who is absolutely outraged..?
                  Last edited by password; 6 January 2019, 21:14. Reason: snip image

Comment

Originally posted by password View Post
                    Spot on.. did you google the abstract of text?

What do people think of this? Am I the only person who is absolutely outraged..?
                    Are you so outraged that you've reported the ad using this link? 2006 Grey BMW 5 SERIES 3.0 530i SE Touring 5dr for sale for GBP5499 in March, Cambridgeshire

Comment

Working...
                    X