• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New shower question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    The plumber is a lady, so im having mixed feelings about your statement.
    Welp....

We've all seen those movies.

[emoji39]

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Welp....

We've all seen those movies.

[emoji39]
      Yes, but it always helps to list them out and the download links???

Comment

I got quoted £5k for an master bathroom with a standard shower pump. And £3k for an ensuite again with a shower pump labour only.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The shower is going to be used for washing down the dogs after walks
          A simpler and cheaper solution, the one I use, is to buy a garden hose attach it to an outside tap and wash the hounds with that.

Comment

Seems reasonable to me.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              A simpler and cheaper solution, the one I use, is to buy a garden hose attach it to an outside tap and wash the hounds with that.
              In freezing winter or wet weather its not a nice experience being outside washing and then trying to dry your dogs. Much nicer to do it in the warmth.

Comment

In freezing winter or wet weather its not a nice experience being outside washing and then trying to dry your dogs. Much nicer to do it in the warmth.
                Washing machine.

Comment

I would actively spend some time picking my own shower tray, and such like, rather than letting the plumber source them, assuming you have the outline of a clue what you are doing. You can almost certainly get them a lot cheaper, and more precisely meeting your vision, if you do that, than if you let the plumber get them from his local trade centre or whatever.

Then stick the job on "Rated People" and get some other quotes.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    I would actively spend some time picking my own shower tray, and such like, rather than letting the plumber source them, assuming you have the outline of a clue what you are doing. You can almost certainly get them a lot cheaper, and more precisely meeting your vision, if you do that, than if you let the plumber get them from his local trade centre or whatever.

Then stick the job on "Rated People" and get some other quotes.

Good luck

If you are going to do it get a wet room, its not like the dogs will understand where the shower ends and the room starts. You can get big linking rubber mats to protect the tiles & pet claws. That way you can just hose it down.

A wet room is about £1k for bits + tiles(variable).
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have just gone through something similar, took out old copper tank in the airing cupboard and installed combi boiler in loft so we could knock out old (v small) shower and put in a new walk-in one, with some nicer tiles and better shower (you might not need this if you are just washing the dogs down)/.

Materials came to 1k, but the overall cost was closer to 4k as the battons behind existing tiles were wonky! And that was just the start of the issues, the existing pipes underneath had to be moved, it was clear previous owner had done things on the cheap. And then I had no hot water for three days near Christmas as idiot plumber (not the guy who was doing my fitting/tiling) plumbed the pipes incorrectly!

It looks great now, but what a bloody hassle.

ps - order one more box of tiles than you measure for. I ran out! Doh!

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X