• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's my official London murder thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To be fair that's bad proof reading, not grammer. I did originally put 'Once there this type of thing becomes a standard risk.' but added some more words in and didn't swap it to 'they'. You were thinking of their, there, they're?
    No 'they' was my thought. 'their are in' doesn't make sense.

Anyway remember that Grammer shares the letter E with Cheers, a show that made actor Kelsey Grammer famous
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      No 'they' was my thought. 'their are in' doesn't make sense.

Anyway remember that Grammer shares the letter E with Cheers, a show that made actor Kelsey Grammer famous
      Ah feckity bollox. I'm just going to shut up.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ah feckity bollox. I'm just going to shut up.
        Promise?

Comment

unfortunately its time to grab the bull by the balls and do some proper policing.

move the army in and stop & search everyone.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            unfortunately its time to grab the bull by the balls and do some proper policing.

move the army in and stop & search everyone.
            Because the UK's international image needs just that kind of boost at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              London murders are not a lot for a population that size. Father Brown has to solve a murder every week in the little village of Kembleford.
              Defendants of the heinous crimes forever hide behind this statistic to justify all is okay. Yet in Hong Kong with a larger population over a small territory they manage to avoid random individuals butchering each other in broad daylight. Same can be said of Singapore. How is that?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                admittedly poor little sod at 14 but it does smell gang related as usual.
                Jayden Moodie: Family deny reports of murdered teen's gang links
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This lad might have 14 but your general middle class mother thinking about Tarquin at school with his iPhone and the like just doesn't have a clue. This 14 year old will be bordering on feral and will have done or be involved in things we can't even comprehend, let alone do every day. He'll be more street wise than many adults. I do think the age becomes a bit of a red herring in situations like this.

The real sad root of the problem for me is how did kids get in to this situation in the first place. Once there are in, this type of thing becomes a standard risk.
                  Further evidence if needed, class is not a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Because the UK's international image needs just that kind of boost at the moment.
                    What're your thoughts regarding Irish Plod and their handling of organised crime in and around Dublin?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

So yes it is terrible a young life has been snuffed out.

What was a 14 year old doing riding a moped?

Where was he going?

Did his parents know?

'Council leader Clare Coghill said: "The police cannot tackle the violence on our streets alone."
                      She added: "To stay silent is to support murderers."'

Do you think anyone from the community will come forward? No me neither.

Comment

Working...
                      X