• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeez - central heating nightmare!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Make sure it's all lifting before it gets assessed so they don't opt to try repair it.
    Repair it? Surely soggy laminate once its swollen is a non-runner?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Repair it? Surely soggy laminate once its swollen is a non-runner?
      Oh. It is laminate? Yeah it's ****ed then.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not so much expensive - all covered by SWALEC but mega hassle....

And they will at some point not cover it because its so old...
        I didn't know they still did Social Welfare Advance Loans for Emergency Circumstances. Glad to hear it's working out for you.

Comment

Oh. It is laminate? Yeah it's ****ed then.
          Of course it's laminate. You don't think he'd've paid for decent stuff?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Of course it's laminate. You don't think he'd've paid for decent stuff?
            That's why assumed laminate when he said wood floor. Many poor people say the same.

For someone that thinks giving up all your dignity and respect is worth 75 quid a week I'm surprised he's spent christ knows what on an immersion system for 18 years.

Comment

That's why assumed laminate when he said wood floor. Many poor people say the same.

For someone that thinks giving up all your dignity and respect is worth 75 quid a week I'm surprised he's spent christ knows what on an immersion system for 18 years.
              75 quid can buy 12 m2. Don't knock it.

Laminate Flooring | Order A Free Sample | Discount Flooring Depot

Comment

Engineered wood flooring is the only proper answer - lovely stuff and super stable.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Engineered wood flooring is the only proper answer - lovely stuff and super stable.
                  You are giving advice to a bloke from Wales. The only wood they have is what they get when they are shearing the sheep.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 14 January 2019, 21:10.

Comment

Last week boiler packed up. Maint contract with SSE - so old can't get parts for a few days. Great. That was last Wednesday, parts coming this wednesday.

No worries. Gas fire, and, although pricey, immersion heater to heat water. Until last night when immersion decided to overheat, knacker tank and potentially 240 litres of water pissed through ceiling. Luckily, home emergency fella managed to drain most of it.

BUT thats the wooden floor screwed in living room :-(

Since its 18 years old methinks new boiler is needed. Combi probably not up to it even though nice to get rid of tank......

I guess combis no good for the mansions you lot live in?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Am I right in thinking that combis are out of fashion again now? They were all the rage but the new systems I've seen are back to tanked hot water, albeit pressurised rather than using header tanks.

I'm pretty amazed that a combi CAN heat hot water on demand from near freezing, when you think about the energy required. Especially since hot water is heated via a heat exchanger not directly by the boiler.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X