• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Look after the pennies ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look after the pennies ..

and the pounds will take care of themselves, especially if you spend only £1 on an engagement ring!

2019-01-15 'Nothing says undying love like an engagement ring from Poundland!' Budget store launches a line of £1 jewellery ahead of Valentine's Day

You may as well buy a brass pipe collar from the local plumbers merchant

Mind you, who's to say, if a young couple are serious about saving for a deposit then maybe spending a fortune on an engagement ring is a bit extravagent.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I can beat that for meanness. The missus bought her own wedding ring.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I can beat that for meanness. The missus bought her own wedding ring.

Xoggy you are the man!

Best I managed was buying a second hand engagement ring, it was however more expensive than most of the new ones we looked at (the other ones were too big even for the stars of TOWIE). 20 years later I had to pay for it to be rebuilt in titanium. I could have bought a new car . Never say Mrs V is cheap.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Save money on a ring but lose it all later when you get a divorce

Comment

Working...
        X