• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the best a man can be

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just the dem 2020 campaign kicking off
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      The Gammon fightback:
      Yup look at them all - those young american gammon's...

half of which were black and not gammon

Comment

My new Harry's razor just arrived
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

My tuppence, the ad is pretty crap and unlike a women's ad for a sanitary product its not aspirational more a general man shaming and "we" must do better. It's a bit condescending and actually it would put me off buying their product if only to let them know to stop this crap.

I think Gillette have cleverly tried to tap into the wave of man shaming that's going around, i hope it backfires on them.

On a similar note, did you see the apology from the ex-women football team coach, he had issues with racial comments (don't know the details, don't care). But his apology was really clever to, "As a white male" blah blah "must educate myself". So rather than taking personal responsibility he has lumped the rest of the white male population in with his bad behaviour. It's gone down well in the current climate.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            My tuppence, the ad is pretty crap and unlike a women's ad for a sanitary product its not aspirational more a general man shaming and "we" must do better. It's a bit condescending and actually it would put me off buying their product if only to let them know to stop this crap.

I think Gillette have cleverly tried to tap into the wave of man shaming that's going around, i hope it backfires on them.

On a similar note, did you see the apology from the ex-women football team coach, he had issues with racial comments (don't know the details, don't care). But his apology was really clever to, "As a white male" blah blah "must educate myself". So rather than taking personal responsibility he has lumped the rest of the white male population in with his bad behaviour. It's gone down well in the current climate.
            I think Gillette (Procter & Gamble) are just ramping up for the 2020 US election. The publication of that APA paper
            just before cannot just be a coincidence. The dems/left/libs etc seem to be doubling down on identity politics for their 2020 campaign.

I'm all for empowering everyone and equality of opportunity etc. But identity politics, diversity quotas and electing someone on the basis of them being a [insert oppressed victim status] is no way forward. It's a shame that they are abusing these social issues for political gain in an attempt to circumvent the democratic process.

Luckily the majority of regular American people are not stupid enough to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              I think Gillette (Procter & Gamble) are just ramping up for the 2020 US election. The publication of that APA paper
              just before cannot just be a coincidence. The dems/left/libs etc seem to be doubling down on identity politics for their 2020 campaign.

I'm all for empowering everyone and equality of opportunity etc. But identity politics, diversity quotas and electing someone on the basis of them being a [insert oppressed victim status] is no way forward. It's a shame that they are abusing these social issues for political gain in an attempt to circumvent the democratic process.

Luckily the majority of regular American people are not stupid enough to buy it.
              Are you having a laugh?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X