• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the best a man can be

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I doubt there is enough common ground in the assumptions underpinning these discussion points. I suspect they are manosphere tropes - I've never encountered then before.

I think the elephant in the room is that male dominance in being challenged and some men don't like it, hence all the feminazi nonsense. Personally, equality suits me fine. But there are other factors in play, such as globalisation and automation, which threaten traditionally male economic roles in the Western developed world. Complex problems with no simple analysis or solutions.
    Equality would be great, I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. Nothing to say on the points about not being a doormat and putting women on a pedestal? ie 'equality' - because what some people call equality is seen as mysogeny and patriarchy when challenging the 'she wins by default' paradigm most men operate in.

This is the crux of the backlash, the vast majority of men already 'do the right thing' and end up pot noodling to pron while she bangs the builder when he's out at work.

If we're talking about male dominance in the work place etc then these ads need to target women and girls to condition them to make different choices and persue different interests - good luck with that.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Equality would be great, I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. Nothing to say on the points about not being a doormat and putting women on a pedestal? ie 'equality' - because what some people call equality is seen as mysogeny and patriarchy when challenging the 'she wins by default' paradigm most men operate in.
      I honestly (and I'm not trolling) have no idea what you're talking about. It's like we live in different realities.

Comment

In the next campaign they are going to tell us to stop peeing in the shower.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I honestly (and I'm not trolling) have no idea what you're talking about. It's like we live in different realities.
          I'll take it as you can't/would rather not answer the question, I very much doubt you 'don't understand'.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I'd be happy if you'd stop bleeding in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              riots in the street when that happens.

Comment

I'll take it as you can't/would rather not answer the question, I very much doubt you 'don't understand'.
                Take it as you like, but I don't see a reality in which men routinely or often act as doormats or put women on pedestals.

Are there some cases where these things happen? I expect so, as some relationships are unequal.

Is it an issue that occurs more with men on the less powerful side of he imbalance? I doubt it.

It's difficult for two pepple to have a meaningful conversation about these things when they see reality so differently.

Comment

And what advice would you give to an angry incel wanting to not be an angry incel anymore?
                  Plenty of cold showers, long runs and boxing gloves in bed.

Or should help with the anger.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is the crux of the backlash, the vast majority of men already 'do the right thing' and end up pot noodling to pron while she bangs the builder when he's out at work.

If we're talking about male dominance in the work place etc then these ads need to target women and girls to condition them to make different choices and persue different interests - good luck with that.
                    I've said it before, women don't want equality, they've had that for years! What they really want is revenge!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Plenty of cold showers, long runs and boxing gloves in bed.

Or should help with the anger.
                      Boxing gloves in bed? Sounds like an interesting scene...

Comment

Working...
                      X