• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Fixes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    The number of replies in a thread used to be a hyperlink that, when clicked, opened a popup showing a list of posters and their number of replies in that particular thread.

That hyperlink doesn't seem to exist any more.
    That’s still working for me - I get the popup if I click on the number and the cursor changes to the little hand thing when over it, but there’s no underline or anything. I’ll add the underline on hover/focus which should make things clearer.

If it’s not clickable for you, which browser are you using so I can test with it? From the font rendering I’d guess it’s on Windows…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That’s still working for me
      Based on it still working for you, I tested it again. It seems that the hyperlink is now active only when you're logged on, but inactive when logged off.

Before the update, it used to be active all the time, whether logged on or not.

Not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Based on it still working for you, I tested it again. It seems that the hyperlink is now active only when you're logged on, but inactive when logged off.

Before the update, it used to be active all the time, whether logged on or not.

Not a big deal.
        I’ll have a look in the template, but it’s very possibly one of those things they changed on purpose. Drives engagement, don'cha know

Comment

Still unable to post on a windows phone. This has dramatically cut my brilliant contributions to this forum.

Also, while viewing a thread, the page number isn’t highlighted so you cannot figure out which page you are on.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Still unable to post on a windows phone. This has dramatically cut my brilliant contributions to this forum.

Also, while viewing a thread, the page number isn’t highlighted so you cannot figure out which page you are on.
            What exactly is the problem on the phone? Can you not type stuff or not post stuff once you’ve typed it, or something else?

If the first, it suggests the JavaScript for the WYSIWYG editor might be at fault. You could try the button at top right of the editor toolbar (assuming that’s appeared) to turn off WYSIWYG mode and see if that helps.

The “current page” thing is sorted now; there’s a couple more things on The List, then I’ll get those fixes over to admin.

Also, at the start of the pagination widget it says “Page x of y” which isn’t exactly convenient (particularly on TPD’s humungous pagination) but helps one to locate oneself a bit

Comment

Probably not relevant but one problem I found, when some jscript things that had been working for ages suddenly stopped working, is that browsers may introduce new non-standard properties. Messes up if you have variable of that name within a with.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Probably not relevant but one problem I found, when some jscript things that had been working for ages suddenly stopped working, is that browsers may introduce new non-standard properties. Messes up if you have variable of that name within a with.
                The JS editor is a fairly ancient version of CKEditor. The WYSIWYG component also falls down massively if actual emoji like ? as opposed to smilies like are included in a post and you try to edit or quote it. But I’m not sure it’s worth working out how to replace the editor with a newer version… might be simple, might be not. I’ll get the more important bits done first

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  What exactly is the problem on the phone? Can you not type stuff or not post stuff once you’ve typed it, or something else?

If the first, it suggests the JavaScript for the WYSIWYG editor might be at fault. You could try the button at top right of the editor toolbar (assuming that’s appeared) to turn off WYSIWYG mode and see if that helps.

The “current page” thing is sorted now; there’s a couple more things on The List, then I’ll get those fixes over to admin.

Also, at the start of the pagination widget it says “Page x of y” which isn’t exactly convenient (particularly on TPD’s humungous pagination) but helps one to locate oneself a bit
                  Cannot type anything in the editor. Fail to get focus when I tap inside of it. Will try your tip and let you know.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Cannot type anything in the editor. Fail to get focus when I tap inside of it. Will try your tip and let you know.
                    OK, I'll have to see if I can install Visual Studio on a free Windows VM intended for testing Internet Explorer, which I'm currently downloading to run under Parallels on my iMac; if so, I can presumably then install the Windows Phone emulator and see if I can work out what's going on

If none or only some of that works, I'll be a bit stuck, I'm afraid

EDITED to add: Can't replicate on IE Edge Desktop using its emulator mode pretending to be a Nokia Lumia 650; but I had a feeling that would happen. AFAIK a desktop browser emulating a mobile browser just tweaks a few bits so you can test CSS Media Queries and so on, which isn't the same thing at all. Visual Studio has almost finished installing…

EDITED to further add: Oh FFS, Parallels Normal Person Edition doesn't support virtualisation within VMs so the emulator won't run! Now importing the Parallels VM into VMWare Fusion to see if that will work…

EDITED to also add: Well, I'm doing this edit from the Windows Phone 10 (I think it is) emulator running in a virtual machine, and it's obviously letting me type OK. So I'm not sure what to do about it, other than try to find somebody with a real Windows Phone

EDIT yet again, though not in the emulator as it strains my eyes a bit viewing it on my widescreen monitor: I do see that the option to enable the WYSIWYG editor doesn't function. (I always use the non-WYSIWYG one.) So let me just enable that on my account, then try the emulator again… it appears to automatically disable the WYSIWYG editor. So you could try that in your account settings (near the bottom - select "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls") but then you'll be stuck with that everywhere. And it might not work anyway, as an emulator obviously isn't the same as the real thing…
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 3 February 2019, 19:13.

Comment

Did the forum used to prevent identical posts within a five minute period?

Comment

Working...
                      X