• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Fixes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Don’t remember doing anything with that, so it must have been from the upgrade
    First reported in 2010.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post1140693

Hopefully the CSS is fixed too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      First reported in 2010.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post1140693

Hopefully the CSS is fixed too.
      Haven’t checked the CSS or HTML for “seperator”, but they still have the tr/td classes for stuff that would be much better as a table in the first place, such as the list of posts in a forum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        BTW, the forum has switched from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 character encoding which has left some weird characters in the database for things like smart quotes (“”) and £. I believe admin is hatching a plan to sort these out, but it at least means you’ll now be able to copy and paste from external sources without things like Å appearing for no reason, so it’ll be worth it in the long run
        Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh. Messed up some of my silly stories!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of diamonds with question marks on them.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh. Messed up some of my silly stories!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of diamonds with question marks on them.
          This will hopefully be fixed before too long. There’s the minor question of performing low-level operations to convert the contents of the database while the site is running, but that’s part of the fun really

Comment

I've had this problem before on my own website, in callback emails from Paypal/Worldpay too.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The number of replies in a thread used to be a hyperlink that, when clicked, opened a popup showing a list of posters and their number of replies in that particular thread.

That hyperlink doesn't seem to exist any more.

Comment

Current page isn’t highlighted

Comment

I think someone already said but the bolded number showing you which page you were on has gone and its a right pain checking the URL.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 31 January 2019, 23:44.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have been using the right arrow for 'next page'. It goes when you are on the last page.

Comment

Hoping to get this lot sorted ASAP, folks

I’ve been distracted by the business of converting the database to UTF-8 without destroying it in the process, which has turned out to be quite complicated, though at least I’ve learned a lot of stuff about MySQL that I didn’t know before. I need to do a little more testing but it’s looking like it’s sorted now, so I’ll be getting the relevant scripts across to admin shortly
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 1 February 2019, 12:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X