• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daine Abbott not happy about the way she was treated on Questiontime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

That Hard Brexit cheer was legend.
    It was great wasn't it. Confirms in my mind that that's what we're going to be getting.

Comment

I unfortunately caught the end of the program. It I was the BBC I'd be asking for my money back. Any dolt can trot out the Red manifesto ad infinitem. Refusing to answer the Chairs question should also be treated as a breach.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
        Virtue Signalling, much?

Stone me what a bunch of humourless twats.

Then again, that should come as no surprise.
        "twats" are useful and desirable!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Correct. Anything negative against her and she plays the race card.
          But that is where you are wrong. She did not play the race card. An audience member made a horrible dig at her... She wanted to reply back and was told that she would get an opportunity to do so but was later dismissed. Also the part where she quoted as saying that Labour was in the lead in the polls which was true but was told by Fiona that that was not true and that Tories (which Fiona is) are in the lead which is not true. Also the audience is meant to be 50/50 to give a fair balance but clearly in that episode it was not. Majority of uk just want brexit over. If that means staying in then so be it. It's like question time is pro brexit and pro Tory since Fiona joined. BBC is trying to sway the viewers because when people watch it they think we'll if majority of the audience support Tory and brexit that must mean most of the country does which is not the case. Also I have noticed most brexiters are racist judging by the comments made by the audience who want brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
            But that is where you are wrong. She did not play the race card. An audience member made a horrible dig at her... She wanted to reply back and was told that she would get an opportunity to do so but was later dismissed. Also the part where she quoted as saying that Labour was in the lead in the polls which was true but was told by Fiona that that was not true and that Tories (which Fiona is) are in the lead which is not true. Also the audience is meant to be 50/50 to give a fair balance but clearly in that episode it was not. Majority of uk just want brexit over. If that means staying in then so be it. It's like question time is pro brexit and pro Tory since Fiona joined. BBC is trying to sway the viewers because when people watch it they think we'll if majority of the audience support Tory and brexit that must mean most of the country does which is not the case. Also I have noticed most brexiters are racist judging by the comments made by the audience who want brexit.
            Indeed I was a bit puzzled about Fiona Bruce not pulling up Liz Oakeshott on Labour being miles behind in the polls, just spouting her usual rightwing propaganda. That is complete rubbish, Labour are ahead in some polls; level pegging would be the impartial view.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Also I have noticed most brexiters are racist judging by the comments made by the audience who want brexit.
              Yes, thanks for that very incisive observation. As ill-informed speculative sweeping generalisations go, it is way up there.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Also I have noticed most brexiters are racist judging by the comments made by the audience who want brexit.
                I think you'll find that most racists are brexiteers. But the other way around is certainly not the case. Perhaps most brexiters invited to the BBC are racist.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I think you'll find that most racists are brexiteers. But the other way around is certainly not the case. Perhaps most brexiters invited to the BBC are racist.
                  It's unclear. 34% of leave voters self identify as racially prejudiced. Who knows if there are shy racists?

Over a third of Brexit leave voters hold 'racially prejudiced' views | London Evening Standard

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    It's unclear. 34% of leave voters self identify as racially prejudiced. Who knows if there are shy racists?
                    Fair enough. But you won't find them on Question Time, since they're too shy.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Over a third of Brexit leave voters hold 'racially prejudiced' views | London Evening Standard

Don't worry that will be sorted soon, we will align with the rest of Europe. Note where we fall in the statistics. Well behind Germany & France.

Racism against black people in EU 'widespread and entrenched' - BBC News

When looking for work, a quarter of respondents said they had felt racially discriminated against - these rates were highest in Austria, Italy and Luxembourg. Nearly 10% said they had faced similar problems in dealing with schools and education authorities.
                      Access to both private and social housing was another area where 21% people said they had faced discrimination. Austria and Italy were identified as the countries where this was most likely.
                      People of African descent face 'dire picture' of racism in EU | World news | The Guardian

One in 20 respondents said they had been a victim of a physical attack in the last five years, ranging from 14% in Finland to 2% in Portugal. The figure was 3% for the UK.
                      “The survey paints a dire picture of the reality on the ground,” said the agency’s director, Michael O’Flaherty, in a preface to the report. Referring to the EU’s 2000 racial equality directive, he said: “Almost 20 years after adoption of EU laws forbidding discrimination, people of African descent face widespread and entrenched prejudice and exclusion.”
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X