• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daine Abbott not happy about the way she was treated on Questiontime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not like white supremacists or what they stand for. Does this make me racist? Discuss

Racism - Wikipedia

The ideology underlying racism often includes the idea that humans can be subdivided into distinct groups that are different due to their social behavior and their innate capacities as well as the idea that they can be ranked as inferior or superior

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Yes, thanks for that very incisive observation. As ill-informed speculative sweeping generalisations go, it is way up there.

I've had occasion to speak to someone personally who had appeared on Question Time. Their assessment of the program was that is was highly stage managed and despite claims that the audience was representative, many of those who were present at the episode held in my area, did not even live in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        I've had occasion to speak to someone personally who had appeared on Question Time. Their assessment of the program was that is was highly stage managed and despite claims that the audience was representative, many of those who were present at the episode held in my area, did not even live in the area.
        I may or may not be able to confirm your info. If I'm selected for the Lincoln questiontime

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I think you'll find that most racists are brexiteers. But the other way around is certainly not the case. Perhaps most brexiters invited to the BBC are racist.
          What about the racist on the panel?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Don't worry that will be sorted soon, we will align with the rest of Europe. Note where we fall in the statistics. Well behind Germany & France.

Racism against black people in EU 'widespread and entrenched' - BBC News

People of African descent face 'dire picture' of racism in EU | World news | The Guardian
            Have you really just tried to make a statistical comparison between the incidence of racists in the UK, and the incidence of ethnic minority people facing discrimination elsewhere in the EU?

Comment

Working...
            X