• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New thing I made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Oh what software are you using? the cricut design space thing can be limiting but I am using inkscape & then exporting it in to design space
    I've only had a quick play but it's the Cricut Design Space which I think is the standard software and limiting is an understatement. Just pulled a few standard (free) shapes off so far. The sticky backing sheet has had it so the Vinyl kept moving rather than cutting so not too impressed so far.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I've only had a quick play but it's the Cricut Design Space which I think is the standard software and limiting is an understatement. Just pulled a few standard (free) shapes off so far. The sticky backing sheet has had it so the Vinyl kept moving rather than cutting so not too impressed so far.
      I was trying to be polite

By backing sheet I assume you mean the cutting mat? you can use masking tape to hold the vinyl on to the mat, also how old is the blade? does it need sharpening?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I'd love a cricut but I'm banned from having clutter in the house.
        Its not clutter - its a tool!

I'm getting into bookbinding and cricut does great pseudo foil decals.
        ohh I got a book on bookbinding as it follows on from the leather work, are you re-binding worn books or creating new ones?
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

PC is a tool as well but you wouldn't want him around the house.

Comment

I was trying to be polite

By backing sheet I assume you mean the cutting mat? you can use masking tape to hold the vinyl on to the mat, also how old is the blade? does it need sharpening?
            Didnt think about that. Looking at the state of the mat and the fact it belongs to a school its had some use so yes imagine it will want sharpening. No idea how to do that. Might just buy some new blades and the school gets it back refurbed.

Comment

ohh I got a book on bookbinding as it follows on from the leather work, are you re-binding worn books or creating new ones?
              Making new ones as journals and sketchbooks (yes I thought you'd be looking at bookbinding ).

I'll look at rebinding worn ones once I'm happy with my efforts.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Didnt think about that. Looking at the state of the mat and the fact it belongs to a school its had some use so yes imagine it will want sharpening. No idea how to do that. Might just buy some new blades and the school gets it back refurbed.
                LOL, yes new blades is easy - you wont need the housing just the blade, also for vinyl the premium blade is overkill, the standard blades will do <amazon linky>
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Making new ones as journals and sketchbooks (yes I thought you'd be looking at bookbinding ).

I'll look at rebinding worn ones once I'm happy with my efforts.
                  Any photos? what sort of paper are you using?
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Added some more photos
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Any photos? what sort of paper are you using?
                      Ooh missed this!

No photos on me but I used HP ColorChoice Inkjet paper (100gsm) for writing journals and Fabiano Artistico for the watercolour sketchbooks.

The HP Premium paper is better at 110gsm, but that was the best I could get (still fountain pen friendly though).
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X