• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumsnet type post #2 Corner desk for wife's home office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are nice: Corner Desk in Oak - the stylish desk - Dovetailors

They will also do bespoke if needed.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Too right.

Buy British: Steel Vintage | Industrial Furniture | Handmade in England

Vastly superior.
      Wow, I think they are too manly for the misses and probably me. But they are bloody great.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

Its a nice desk but it's expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          I have used Wayfair for an office desk, mines not a corner one, which seemed quite robust and is not your cheapy flatpack furniture.
          I did have a look at Wayfair but was a bit worried the quality would be similar to furniture village - they look similar. But thanks good to know they arent cheap flatpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

Bladdy expensive for Oak veneer!

If it's only for the missus - £51.99 - cheap as chips

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Or make your own, if the space is not a uniform rectangle.
              thanks, I was going to spend a couple of years learning carpentry and then make a fantastic oak table.
              Something like this should do in the meantime though....

Comment

This can be made to whatever size you need.

Merlot Bar - full micro pub - WJ Home Bars

Comment

This is one I made from an oak door and some legs from THE IRON MILL

Took a couple of weekends to do, all that I used was a screwdriver, a circular saw, a sander and some sash clamps. Took the door apart to get rid of the gaps between the planks, then put it back together, sanded it down, cut it to the angle of the wall (about 75deg), then applied varnish. Attached the legs and put a cable tray hanging under the back. Total cost around £80.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    thanks, I was going to spend a couple of years learning carpentry and then make a fantastic oak table.
                    FFS, fell a large oak tree, open trusty penknife and whittle it down into a desk.

Yoof of today....

Comment

My wife works in an auctioneers. They get loads of old antique desks in that are 100 or 200 years old that go for virtually nothing before the dealers mark them up by 300%. If they will match your decor a local auction house might be worth a look for something different.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X