• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumsnet type post #2 Corner desk for wife's home office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    This is one I made from an oak door and some legs from THE IRON MILL

Took a couple of weekends to do, all that I used was a screwdriver, a circular saw, a sander and some sash clamps. Took the door apart to get rid of the gaps between the planks, then put it back together, sanded it down, cut it to the angle of the wall (about 75deg), then applied varnish. Attached the legs and put a cable tray hanging under the back. Total cost around £80.
    Good, apart from it looks like half a door laying on top of some legs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Too right.

Buy British: Steel Vintage | Industrial Furniture | Handmade in England

Vastly superior.
      Holy moly! I like!

No idea where I'd put any of it but bookmarked for future reference nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Good, apart from it looks like half a door laying on top of some legs.
        yep, I agree, it needs to look the part. And that desk looks sturdy but its not pretty.

Comment

Working...
        X