• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumsnet type post #2 Corner desk for wife's home office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mumsnet type post #2 Corner desk for wife's home office

I need help from you lot again. FYI the shower is coming along nicely and should be ready next couple of days.

I've just returned a corner desk from Furniture Village, apart from being cheap on inspection it was damaged. It's from Germany and I keep saying this but their manufacturing is overrated.

Anyway, I'm after a quality corner desk, don't mind paying for quality but it's for the misses so don't want to go overboard. Anyone, had any good experiences of buying quality furniture/home office stuff and could recommend somewhere?

Does it need in built straps?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I need help from you lot again. FYI the shower is coming along nicely and should be ready next couple of days.

I've just returned a corner desk from Furniture Village, apart from being cheap on inspection it was damaged. It's from Germany and I keep saying this but their manufacturing is overrated.

Anyway, I'm after a quality corner desk, don't mind paying for quality but it's for the misses so don't want to go overboard. Anyone, had any good experiences of buying quality furniture/home office stuff and could recommend somewhere?
      Buy an antique, preferably oak with leather inlay.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Buy an antique, preferably oak with leather inlay.
        Or make your own, if the space is not a uniform rectangle.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          We're you sold a rectangle. If you were sold a rectangle and it's not a rectangle the sue.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Does it need in built straps?
            No i have my own.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              thanks, I was going to spend a couple of years learning carpentry and then make a fantastic oak table.

Comment

I have used Wayfair for an office desk, mines not a corner one, which seemed quite robust and is not your cheapy flatpack furniture.

Comment

You could try an office reclaim warehouse. Often very good quality exec desks in there. I have a nice Cherry one I paid peanuts for.

Comment

Too right.

Buy British: Steel Vintage | Industrial Furniture | Handmade in England

Vastly superior.

Comment

Working...
                    X