• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blatant example of selective BBC reporting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Beaten and shot by Zimbabwe's police' - BBC News

Zimbabwe troops accused of 'systematic torture' of protesters - BBC News

Zimbabwe president Mnangagwa skips Davos over protests - BBC News

Zimbabwe opposition accuses government of brutal crackdown - BBC News

And that's just 21-23rd Jan

As for the Wail, they don't even have an Africa section to their website. Your options are UK, USA or World, which is broken down into: ISIS, Russia, China, Syria, Iran, Israel, Turkey Nigeria and North Korea.

...but we aren't allowed to criticise the Wail, anytime anyone queries it, the response from Wailers is the usual deflection/distraction/blame.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Will start using this for CUK titles: GitHub - cmsj/dailymail: Port of Chris Applegate's Javascript Daily Mail headline generator, to Python
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        'Beaten and shot by Zimbabwe's police' - BBC News

Zimbabwe troops accused of 'systematic torture' of protesters - BBC News

Zimbabwe president Mnangagwa skips Davos over protests - BBC News

Zimbabwe opposition accuses government of brutal crackdown - BBC News

And that's just 21-23rd Jan

As for the Wail, they don't even have an Africa section to their website. Your options are UK, USA or World, which is broken down into: ISIS, Russia, China, Syria, Iran, Israel, Turkey Nigeria and North Korea.

...but we aren't allowed to criticise the Wail, anytime anyone queries it, the response from Wailers is the usual deflection/distraction/blame.
        I wonder if the cretins will now reflect on their stupidity and ignorance, or just press on regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I wonder if the cretins will now reflect on their stupidity and ignorance, or just press on regardless.
          There's always hope... ah who am I kidding, they'll carry on regardless.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
            There's always hope... ah who am I kidding, they'll carry on regardless.
            Yes, it was a rhetorical wondering. They never learn.

Comment

What does the Wail have to say about it?

Can someone link to the amount of unbiased coverage the Wail has given to Zimbabwe in the last week?

why you thinking of upgrading your newspaper choice?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                why you thinking of changing your newspaper choice?

I've run out of carpet and having watched Silent Witness the other night, I know if the pieces are wrapped in newspaper, they might use it to link back to me. If they are wrapped in the Wail, they would never link that to me.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've run out of carpet and having watched Silent Witness the other night, I know if the pieces are wrapped in newspaper, they might use it to link back to me. If they are wrapped in the Wail, they would never link that to me.
                  But you just told us that you are going to use the wail and we will snitch on you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

If they are wrapped in the Wail, they would never link that to me.
                    No, but you'd be fooked if the body parts were wrapped in the Bunty!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X