• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late payment by an agency? Hire a digger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late payment by an agency? Hire a digger

This chap claimed he was owed £600 by Travelodge. And rather than following the conventional approach to debt collection he thought he'd try another approach..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-rampage.html

(slightly NSFW due to some swearing)

And from inside..

Comment

No respect for his fellow workers who now, probably, won't get paid for doing it all a 2nd time. Because until the client accepts the job, signs it off, it's all at "your risk".

He isn't hurting Travel Lodge at all.

I would have stopped him with a Spit gun. The finest none licenced class one firearm there is. Either through the cabin straight into the operator or through a few hoses.

Either way, them beating the crap out of him when they got him out is a video that I hope comes out soon.

That and he will need another career now.

YouTube

Comment

The hotel looks a dump. Are you sure he isnt causing thousands of pounds worth of improvements?

Comment

My agency was late this month, so I made some calls and sent some emails.

This is a lesson in how to be out of business very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
            No respect for his fellow workers who now, probably, won't get paid for doing it all a 2nd time. Because until the client accepts the job, signs it off, it's all at "your risk".

He isn't hurting Travel Lodge at all.
            It wasn’t Travelodge who didn’t pay him, it was a contractor. And I daresay he’ll have hurt them, as the building was ready for handover and now they’ll have to make good the damage, presumably without being able to charge Travelodge for the additional work.

Of course he’ll inevitably get a few months inside. But I reckon it’ll cost the contractor a lot more than the £600 he was owed

Comment

Apparently some online reviews say it is a bit draughty.

Others say the rooms are fully equipped. Kettle, iron, wifi and mini-digger.....

Comment

Comment

Having read the article, it turns out he had been paid, there had be a hold up with the bank and it didn't get credited until Monday rather than the previous Friday. He hadnt checked his account before going all demolition man.

I suspect he will be looking at a charge of criminal damage and compensation to the contractor involved.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                  X